Ozdat Home Feature Cars Ozdat Classifieds Event Calander Links Trade Link Tech Resource Merchandise Donate Web Mail
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 6:17 pm

All times are UTC+11:00

PostPosted: Thu Jun 24, 2010 4:16 am 

Just putting a warning out there, a mate's R33 GTS-T Skyline coupe was stolen over the last few days. It was taken from the Coffs Harbour university campus (Carina College) carpark, as far as I know it was last seen heading towards Grafton.

It's painted purple, exactly the same as the BIC cigarette lighters. It has a black bonnet and very dark tinted windows, as well as a few unique parts, including a Kevlar bonnet (vented and painted black), fibreglass boot lid (sits flush with guards, unlike standard), full bodykit and a set of wide grey alloys (I think the brand was Zeit wheels, I've never seen them before but they look ace). The A/C isn't working, it has a DVD/video head unit in it, flame stitching on the seats and glovebox lid and black and purple vinyl/leather trim on the seats.

It was originally a turbo, but had the turbo removed as he was on his P plates when he bought the car. As it is now it has a pod filter and piping straight into the inlet manifold - the blow off valve is still there, however. The intercooler is still in the front bar too. It's fairly noisy too, you can hear it from a mile away.

I'll see if I can get some better piccys tomorrow and I'll put them up. For the meantime:
[ img ]

If anybody sees the car or any parts matching the description, can they please call the police ASAP; he'd really like to get this thing back. I don't think it's insured and it means a lot to him.

Thanks guys,
Nathan

'63 Holden EH
'02 Grand Vitara
'91 EB Falcon
'91 EA Falcon S
'86 Range Rover
'98 Pulsar
'95 ZZR1100

PostPosted: Thu Jun 24, 2010 8:14 am 

why wouldn't he have at least 3rd party, fire/theft insurance??? argh!
hope he gets it back in one piece and I hope he learns from the experience.
It sounds like a lot of the car parts would be recognisable if they try and sell them, so keep an eye out of skyline forums and ebay.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 24, 2010 8:23 am 

did he have alarm?

PostPosted: Thu Jun 24, 2010 2:45 pm 

I remember him saying something about putting an alarm in it - not too sure about the insurance though, I thougt he would have had fire/theft at least but the way he was talking it isn't. :cry:

'63 Holden EH
'02 Grand Vitara
'91 EB Falcon
'91 EA Falcon S
'86 Range Rover
'98 Pulsar
'95 ZZR1100

PostPosted: Thu Jun 24, 2010 7:34 pm 

That sucks.

I'd lose it if my car was stolen. Although I have insurance, so I wouldn't be hugely OOP.

I doubt anyone would've insured a P-plater with a turbo car. He may have removed the turbo but at the end of the day it's still a GTS-T which makes it almost uninsurable for a P-plater.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 24, 2010 8:32 pm 

Yeah, that's the thing, even if it was insured it probably would have cost him something stupid like $100/week. Three years and he could have bought another one the same for that... It's crap, because he was always careful with it, he has a good attitude on the road. The only real danger with that car was with it being stolen... Which unfortunately did happen. :evil:

I'm hoping that it was just some kids joyriding, which means there's a chance it'll be found, not pros who would turn it into a track car or rebirth it. I can't see someone being able to part it out because of all the bespoke/rare parts on it, they would be pretty stupid to try.

'63 Holden EH
'02 Grand Vitara
'91 EB Falcon
'91 EA Falcon S
'86 Range Rover
'98 Pulsar
'95 ZZR1100

PostPosted: Thu Jun 24, 2010 10:00 pm 
Donating Member
Donating Member

Cowboy1600 wrote:
I doubt anyone would've insured a P-plater with a turbo car. He may have removed the turbo but at the end of the day it's still a GTS-T which makes it almost uninsurable for a P-plater.
Even if anyone did insure it, they wouldn't pay out on any claim because he is driving an illegal car. The law isn't "No turbo cars", it's "No modified cars" as well. I don't get why people can't seem to understand that :?: Take the turbo off, and its now a modified car.
JohnnoEH wrote:
Yeah, that's the thing, even if it was insured it probably would have cost him something stupid like $100/week.
What did the car cost, including what he's spent in modifications on it in the time he's had it ? How many weeks has he had it ?

Divide one by the other and I reckon even $100 per week for insurance mightn't look too bad after all.

Sorry to sound harsh, you may have guessed that my pet hate is people who spend a fortune on a car, but then try and say insurance is too much.

Hopefully he does get it back, and then insures it :thumbsup:

1965 SP310 Fairlady
1966 SP311 Fairlady