Ozdat Home Feature Cars Ozdat Classifieds Event Calander Links Trade Link Tech Resource Merchandise Donate Web Mail
It is currently Sat Apr 20, 2024 6:17 am

All times are UTC+11:00

PostPosted: Fri Oct 01, 2010 12:57 pm 

The top speed (or at least safe top speed) of my MX-6 2.2litre turbo running 10 pounds of boost was around 240k's, and that had track suspension hard as a rock innit... so compared to a Datsun with a few mild mods here n there I can hardly see your car doing it ay, stupid effin cops, no wonder they get a bad rap, it's people like them who cause bad attitudes among the community and car lovers.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 02, 2010 8:34 am 

to make things even more funny the same coppers fined my dad for driveing too slow in the old model t ute, it was bog stock orignal, dad restored it and only uses it for sunday drives, they fined him $350 and 2 points for driveing 40k's under the speed limit, i really dont understand it to be honest and to make it even better the coppers looked like they wer only frshies outta the academy.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 02, 2010 9:48 am 

Mate you've gotta call ACA or TT and get a lawyer for sure.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 03, 2010 1:18 pm 

dw ill be doing alot more then that ill be getting onto my father in laws cousin he's a D from brizzy

PostPosted: Sun Oct 03, 2010 5:19 pm 

666Dat are you serious????
RJB510 wrote:
If it was that fast you should have been arrested and thrown in the paddy wagon.
This is the reason I am asking why... I thought they would have arrested you on the spot for 'dangerous driving'.

They got you with a camera? Don't you mean laser gun or radar gun?
It was raining? I'd have to check, but I don't think you are allowed to use certain guns in the rain, as the rain affects the signal.

If it was with a camera, ask to get the photo first. Make sure they prove it was you first.
What kind of driving record do you have? This will affect the outcome if you represent yourself at court.

Is your car hypothetically capable of 220km/h? (ie what gearbox do you have and what ratio diff are you using...) I would've thought the horsepower produced by an L20 mean the speed they are claiming is wrong.

If it was a camera, Can you prove it was set up without any reflections from other traffic/signs/fences etc.? Sounds like the signal bounced off something and doubled the speed. Perhaps another car?

PostPosted: Tue Oct 05, 2010 11:10 am 

car is stock only mild head work eg: ported and polished. it was with a radar gun, when i drove past the coppers they wer on the other side of the road when they radared me and caught up tp me withing 500meters in a aurion and to be honest at 220kmh i highly dout that any cop car and chase a car and get there that quick unless it was a drag car, and from what im told they shouldnt be able to give chase at such high speeds. it's got me **** to be honest, the car might be capable of 200 down conrod straight even though the box would run outta legs but not on flat ground in the wet, thats just asking for a disaster. my driveing record isnt too good lost licence once for a burnout when it was pissing down rain, fined once for unessicery noise (no exhaust while on the way to get it fixed), and fined once for doing 70 in a 60 zone when i first got my licence. coppers here just dont like me to be honest, when i drive outta town and 15 mins to gladdy the coppers there pull me over have a look at the car go nice car u have here and blow in te bag and tell me to have a good day. and im left alone for the whole day, i dont do anything to attract attention except drive the best brand of car in the world (DATSUN), i dont try being an idiot on the street thats what the tracks are for, and i dont drive around all that often just to and from work and mabe to a few mates places thats it.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 05, 2010 12:52 pm 

+1 for Gladdy coppers over Boyne i got busted speeding new my new stagea in the industrial estate by the oil tanks

first time i gave it boost!

i was wearing nothing but my pj's and didn't have my sa license with me - fined me the $$$ for 69kms in a 50 but let me go on the "rolling through a stopsign" an not having an interstate license on me at all times like i should have. any other night would have been cool, but being thursday, no one warned me this was the night for doing laps round the town as i was just new...

the boyne cops fined me $75 bucks the day i drove my magna back from roadworthy and with fresh rego as i didn't have the new sticker on and kept the old expired sticker. I couldn't believe it!

and +1 for radar in the rain, thats why when it does rain you barely find cops on bikes pinging you.

traffic cops would fine their own mother...

But lets remenber not all cops are shits, just a few who spoil it - just like hoons and "enthusiasts"

PostPosted: Tue Oct 05, 2010 10:43 pm 
Old Digger

Dan with a plan wrote:
+1 for Gladdy coppers over Boyne I got busted speeding new my new stagea in the industrial estate by the oil tanks

first time I gave it boost!

I was wearing nothing but my pj's and didn't have my sa license with me - fined me the $$$ for 69kms in a 50 but let me go on the "rolling through a stopsign" an not having an interstate license on me at all times like I should have. any other night would have been cool, but being thursday, no one warned me this was the night for doing laps round the town as I was just new...

the boyne cops fined me $75 bucks the day I drove my magna back from roadworthy and with fresh rego as I didn't have the new sticker on and kept the old expired sticker. I couldn't believe it!

and +1 for radar in the rain, thats why when it does rain you barely find cops on bikes pinging you.

traffic cops would fine their own mother...

But lets remenber not all cops are shits, just a few who spoil it - just like hoons and "enthusiasts"
Bugger mate! I would have have gone nuts at the guy. There sure is alot of unfair sh*t going on these days. We have farkwits in stock holdens and fords with dropped suspension and stupid cheap ass sports exhausts to thank though. I live in Frankston and the amount of dole pinching bogans here makes me want to scream sometimes. Death to bogans in holdens and fords! :evil:

PostPosted: Tue Oct 05, 2010 10:49 pm 

:rofl: over this way its wogs in sleded charades and applause

PostPosted: Wed Oct 06, 2010 2:00 pm 

try haveing a guy liveing just up the road whose got no job, does cashies on cars and drive an rx7 that you could hear over the other side of the world, screams passed the house everyday and night dropped on it's khunas, and rollin on what looks to be a set of 20's, coppers havent even bothered to say nething to him but sting everybody else, either #1 he is a nark for em or #2 he is a cop. i dunno whats happening anymore but i wouldnt mind finding out who the fuk makes the new vehicle laws and punch them in the face, and tell them to grow up and start makeing things happen that keep everybody in the public happy not just them.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 08, 2010 12:35 pm 

you might have to go to our old friends at Aca - they love playing the hoon game, dob in revenue raising police, sticking up for the "underdog" and the like. also be a good chance for them to have a storey siding with the "enthusiast" after there is a lot of banter between car clubs and the producers over the "hoon" storeys - its just up their alley, be crawling all over you to get to that storey.

BTW it was Ian Luff the race car driver for the old TT storey about the 120y being clocked at +190plus

PostPosted: Sat Oct 09, 2010 9:04 am 

yer ive sent aca a message about it waiting on word back from them. one thing that pisses me off is the story about people with cars that have "too much rust", now i myself have been haveing trouble with rust issues, but when they say that a car with rust should not be on the road, they should have a look at what they are driveing too, you can be supprised at how many cars come outta factory that allready have signs of rust happening. my father for eg brought a 09 fg gte brand new got it home and went to put 20's on it and happened to look up in the wheel arch in the rear and bingo there was a patch of rust the size of a dinner plate, he took it back to the dealer and went off his head, apparently sh*t like that cannot be claimed for any reason what so ever because it is not a manufacturer defect, far as i am concerned car manufacturers need to pull there fingers out there arse and start treating the cars like they did in the old days, paint them properly for one not just the out side, and take a bit more care in what they produce. i have been pulled over once because my tail light fell outta the datto and i didnt know there was any rust around the tail light, got fined for a unroadworthy vehicle and even though i fixed the problam with a replacement arse end, they still pulled me over and looked for rust. oh and does anybody know of any datsun cruses happeing up near gladstone?

PostPosted: Sat Oct 09, 2010 10:17 pm 

Rust is only a problem if it is structural. If you have rust in a panel that is removable (bonnet, guard etc.), then no problem. If it is in a panel that doesn't really have an effect on the structural integrity, then technically a Police Officer can't do anything.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 09, 2010 10:44 pm 
Donating Member
Donating Member

SR20Datsun wrote:
Rust is only a problem if it is structural. If you have rust in a panel that is removable (bonnet, guard etc.), then no problem. If it is in a panel that doesn't really have an effect on the structural integrity, then technically a Police Officer can't do anything.
When I was trying to register the green 200B (many years ago) the rust in one of the rear doors failed because it had gone right through and exhaust fumes could leak in. They could argue the same point with the rear beaver panel I suppose.

Seriously, get your car tested on a race track, and if it can't do that speed, take the cop to court for everything he has. The prick deserves it if he is going to fine you that much. It is absolutely outrages fining you for that. If he has to meet his quota then he should have found someone doing 5km/h over the limit and used our country's bullshit rules to fine them for that.

The fleet:

Australia:
'80 200B GX - the green200b - hibernating
'81 RX-7 - 12A extend port - daily
'74 RX-2 - 13B bridgeport - cruiser

Europe:
'93 200SX - CA18DET - tourer
Dato200B wrote:
Green200B has forgotten more about 200Bs than we will ever know.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 10, 2010 10:09 am 

got pulled up yesterday in it asked if i had any drugs or illegal wepons in the car, i told them no they said i wouldnt tell them even if i did, told me to get out the car a sit on the footpath and litterally started pulling my car apart i mean WTF dont u need a worant for that?