Ozdat Home Feature Cars Ozdat Classifieds Event Calander Links Trade Link Tech Resource Merchandise Donate Web Mail
It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 9:04 am

All times are UTC+11:00

Post subject: evo look alike
PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2011 12:28 pm 

hey guys.. my mate just traded his corolla for an evo 3 lookalike... the guy ripped him off because its not running... has no exhaust at all, only manifold bolted onto engine... the engine a 4g63... he wants to put a pot filter on it but cant because of airflow sensor is too big to go into pod or pipe... is there a way we can put the filter on without air flow sensor? or do we need it?? also we cant find the dizzy... does it have one?? iv googled it and nothin has come up....

Post subject: Re: evo look alike
PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2011 6:50 pm 

hey mate you'll need the air flow sensor, you'll have to come up with some way of adapting the filter onto the sensor. you may not be able to find the dizzy cause it doesn't have one, might be a coil-on-plug set up.

The Datto...
'74 610 180B
SR20DET on 18psi and E85. 220kW.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 13, 2011 12:28 pm 

Datto180beast wrote:
hey guys.. my mate just traded his corolla for an evo 3 lookalike... the guy ripped him off because its not running... has no exhaust at all, only manifold bolted onto engine... the engine a 4g63... he wants to put a pot filter on it but cant because of airflow sensor is too big to go into pod or pipe... is there a way we can put the filter on without air flow sensor? or do we need it?? also we cant find the dizzy... does it have one?? iv googled it and nothin has come up....
Is it yellow?

PostPosted: Sat Aug 13, 2011 12:31 pm 

Datto180beast wrote:
Is it yellow?

Good chance it is, The guy that did the interior and started the motor conversion is a member on ozdat!

PostPosted: Sat Aug 13, 2011 12:36 pm 

How the hell can the air flow sensor be too big for a pod filter? Is it a mammoth after market one or something?

PostPosted: Sat Aug 13, 2011 12:46 pm 

yea it is yellow.... the 4g63 had no engine compression so he bought a standard 4g93... we got it in just wiring it all up now... hopefuly get it started.... the airfow sensor was an odd shape so filter couldnt clamp to it

PostPosted: Sat Aug 13, 2011 4:15 pm 

jump on the net there is a diode you can get put it in the airflow sensor wireing and bingo bypassed but it will tell the ecu it's getting a sh*t load of cold air.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 13, 2011 5:18 pm 

Have you ever heard of a pod filter adapter? Not many cars AFM are round, so you need adapters.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 13, 2011 7:00 pm 

This car use to get the ladies back in the day when it was white and slammed on 17s,Bummer it was so slow with carby 1500 and milo tin exhaust that hurt the ears :rofl:

So many joints passed around going to murray bridge every weekend, Back before drug testing :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Sat Aug 13, 2011 10:40 pm 

SSSBEE wrote:

So many joints passed around going to murray bridge every weekend, Back before drug testing :mrgreen:
Hahaha Nice!

PostPosted: Sun Aug 14, 2011 1:03 am 

Rat Dat wrote:
SSSBEE wrote:

Hahaha Nice!
Even better, The bong lived under the drivers seat :lol:

Those were the days, 4guys and 7 girls jammed init for schoolies :giggle:

PostPosted: Sun Aug 14, 2011 1:03 pm 

Rat Dat wrote:
Have you ever heard of a pod filter adapter? Not many cars AFM are round, so you need adapters.
you cant get an adapter for those earlier mitsubishi turbo motors the afm is huge and sits inside the whole length
of the air filter its nearly a foot long

PostPosted: Sun Aug 14, 2011 3:45 pm 

Ha i bet it pulled chicks. My car now mate.. did you do the wiring on 4g63?? Put 4g93 in it, got ecu, and i noticed you had wiring from ignition to ecu, what you ran. Cant quite work out were to splice them into on ecu harness??

PostPosted: Sun Aug 14, 2011 3:46 pm 

sutho510 wrote:
Rat Dat wrote:
you cant get an adapter for those earlier mitsubishi turbo motors the afm is huge and sits inside the whole length
of the air filter its nearly a foot long

Yeah mate your spot on, it was about a foot long, no pod fits over it. The 4g93 afm will be alright though

PostPosted: Sun Aug 14, 2011 5:14 pm 

CCEVOMANIAC wrote:
Ha I bet it pulled chicks. My car now mate.. did you do the wiring on 4g63?? Put 4g93 in it, got ecu, and I noticed you had wiring from ignition to ecu, what you ran. Cant quite work out were to splice them into on ecu harness??
Na i didnt own the car. I tried to get the old owner to buy it back but he was keen.

Pm DATWILLDECM8, Good chance he be able to help you out. :thumbsup:

EDIT:I found a old pic on here when it was white.

[ img ]
DATWILLDECM8 wrote:
Im up to 23 canaries on the lancer but its usually for big wheels, momo, exhaust, cordia turbo buckets or the cut gearshifter but ill always put it back on as soon as the defects off.