Ozdat Home Feature Cars Ozdat Classifieds Event Calander Links Trade Link Tech Resource Merchandise Donate Web Mail
It is currently Fri Apr 26, 2024 10:20 am

All times are UTC+11:00

Post new topic  This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 46 posts ]  Go to page « 1 2 3 4 »
PostPosted: Sun Mar 15, 2009 1:27 pm 
Site Admin

Nps mate, but bear in mind you NEED to do a minimum of a week just to see everything & get around the place.
A weekend is completely pointless...

http://www.lescollinsracing.com/

PostPosted: Sun Mar 15, 2009 1:33 pm 

Lurch wrote:
Nps mate, but bear in mind you NEED to do a minimum of a week just to see everything & get around the place.
A weekend is completely pointless...

yeah at least a long weekend is needed but 5 to 7 days would be awesome!!

just having to get everyone to have days off on the same week is such a huge problem..

PostPosted: Sun Mar 15, 2009 6:21 pm 

Definatly in sounds freaking awesome :D i went hiking for 10 days in tassie and its some awesome country. what where you thinking for accomdation? i would love to camp though im sure there will be pleanty of objection to that one lol.

180b Wagon daily
http://ozdat.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f= ... 9&start=30

PostPosted: Sun Mar 15, 2009 6:43 pm 

Lurch thanks for putting up that link I could remember a mainland group came over before but couldnt remember who it was.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 15, 2009 6:52 pm 
Site Admin

No worries Troy - I was gonna try & catch up with you last year, but we had time constraints :(

http://www.lescollinsracing.com/

PostPosted: Sun Mar 15, 2009 8:45 pm 

Maybe I can open up the shed and show the Cherry's.
Gee I might even have the coupe registered by then. If I can find some door glass.
Be good to meet up and put some faces to the names on here.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 15, 2009 9:15 pm 

Wiseys180 wrote:
Definatly in sounds freaking awesome :D I went hiking for 10 days in tassie and its some awesome country. what where you thinking for accomdation? I would love to camp though im sure there will be pleanty of objection to that one lol.

hey mate thanks for the interest..

i actually dont mind the camping idea one bit..it would be more intimate with all of us drinking around the camp fire etc..and it would be much cheaper..

so yeah keep them ideas coming people!! :thumbsup:

PostPosted: Mon Mar 16, 2009 10:37 am 

Wombat Racing wrote:
Maybe I can open up the shed and show the Cherry's.
Gee I might even have the coupe registered by then. If I can find some door glass.
Be good to meet up and put some faces to the names on here.

it would be great to meet tassie guys for a crusie and a drink mate :thumbsup:

PostPosted: Mon Mar 16, 2009 11:52 am 

I’d be up for it!

I once went with a cousin to meet up with these girls we know, just went for the weekend and it was a real nice trip, definitely need more than a weekend; we just drove around Hobart and up Mt Wellington in the rental car but I so wished we had stayed longer and i had taken the Integra which I owned back then.

Only problem I have is being able to drive legally, I get my license back mid Feb next year which kind of sucks but maybe by the time it is all organised and what not I’d have the car Turbo’ed and what not all sorted, so would be an awesome drive to get to know the car a bit better.

I’m sure if we all work hard to get out rides on track for this event, and also our wallets we could sure make it happen.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 16, 2009 11:54 am 
Donating Member
Donating Member

Sounds good i just went to tassie about a month ago lot's of nice roads over there but would be fun to take the datto next time insted of the huyundai getz i was driving around in :lol:

http://datsun1200.com/modules/newbb/vie ... post494892

PostPosted: Mon Mar 16, 2009 11:57 am 

trb012 wrote:
Sounds good I just went to tassie about a month ago lot's of nice roads over there but would be fun to take the datto next time insted of the huyundai getz I was driving around in :lol:
Yeah that's what we drove!

was it Silver?

pretty ecconomical car I must add.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 16, 2009 12:17 pm 
Donating Member
Donating Member

SIX-TEN wrote:
trb012 wrote:
Sounds good I just went to tassie about a month ago lot's of nice roads over there but would be fun to take the datto next time insted of the huyundai getz I was driving around in :lol:
Yeah that's what we drove!

was it Silver?

pretty ecconomical car I must add.

HA HA nah mate i had a boring white one :D

http://datsun1200.com/modules/newbb/vie ... post494892

PostPosted: Mon Mar 16, 2009 12:37 pm 

SIX-TEN wrote:
I’d be up for it!

I once went with a cousin to meet up with these girls we know, just went for the weekend and it was a real nice trip, definitely need more than a weekend; we just drove around Hobart and up Mt Wellington in the rental car but I so wished we had stayed longer and I had taken the Integra which I owned back then.

Only problem I have is being able to drive legally, I get my license back mid Feb next year which kind of sucks but maybe by the time it is all organised and what not I’d have the car Turbo’ed and what not all sorted, so would be an awesome drive to get to know the car a bit better.

I’m sure if we all work hard to get out rides on track for this event, and also our wallets we could sure make it happen.

Alex i am one step ahead of you mate, i was thinking that we could do it when you get your licence back because we sure did miss your beast at the buxton cruise..

also 11 months would give us to not only get the logistics of the trip organised, but also to finish our cars..

i for one would do the Z18 conversion for sure if we were to do this trip, as well as the paint job and suspension etc..

PostPosted: Mon Mar 16, 2009 12:40 pm 

trb012 wrote:

good stuff mate, i am glad there is good interest so far, this could be a goer :thumbsup:

PostPosted: Mon Mar 16, 2009 1:16 pm 

Jetdat wrote:
SIX-TEN wrote:
I’d be up for it!

I once went with a cousin to meet up with these girls we know, just went for the weekend and it was a real nice trip, definitely need more than a weekend; we just drove around Hobart and up Mt Wellington in the rental car but I so wished we had stayed longer and I had taken the Integra which I owned back then.

Alex I am one step ahead of you mate, I was thinking that we could do it when you get your licence back because we sure did miss your beast at the buxton cruise..

also 11 months would give us to not only get the logistics of the trip organised, but also to finish our cars..

I for one would do the Z18 conversion for sure if we were to do this trip, as well as the paint job and suspension etc..
Nice :D

That has made my day!

Yeah some ppl were commenting and I was like dammm I shuould of since I didn't know for sure when I was meant to stop driving, but with about 11mnths as the projected date I'd sure be in 100% with the B.

and I can visit my family friends while we're down in Tassie.

should be great! :mrgreen:

Post new topic  This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 46 posts ]  Go to page « 1 2 3 4 »