Ozdat Home Feature Cars Ozdat Classifieds Event Calander Links Trade Link Tech Resource Merchandise Donate Web Mail
It is currently Thu Apr 25, 2024 6:14 pm

All times are UTC+11:00

Post subject: Ballarat Light Car Club
PostPosted: Sun May 31, 2009 11:51 am 

Hey... Just wondering if anyone on here is a member of the Ballarat Light Car Club?

I am wanting to join, but need two members to sign for me. It would also be good to chat about what events are on offer and what requirements are needed as far as my car is concerned. Cheers Riley.

PostPosted: Sun May 31, 2009 12:04 pm 
Site Admin

I believe Thomo is a member...

http://www.lescollinsracing.com/

PostPosted: Sun May 31, 2009 12:12 pm 

Yeah i was thinking he would be... but he doesn't seem to be on here to much anymore. I'll just wait and see who replies i guess. :)

PostPosted: Mon Jun 01, 2009 10:48 am 

Lurch wrote:
I believe Thomo is a member...
I was a member, but recently they have allowed to much politics to get involved and they (committee) have taken the fun out of this club. I am now a member of Nissan Car Club Aust. (NCCA). Mainly because I am involved with Rallying and BLCC are only concerned about their pet events. And I have never been involved with a car club that stuffs around at events and can't get organised.
But if you just want to do autocross and motokhana's events and can put up with them knocking your car back at srutineering for trivial crap just because 'they can' then go for it.
Also membership cost $95 a year compared to $45 for NCCA.

I'll get off my soap box now :blahblah:

PostPosted: Mon Jun 01, 2009 7:04 pm 

I was mainly wanting to do autocross/motorkhana's so thats why i was thinking it may be a bit of fun.... what sort of stuff do they knock back, scruitineering wise?

PostPosted: Mon Jun 01, 2009 10:09 pm 
Old Digger

I was a member of NCCA many years ago. It's a great club for rally and dirt events. I would be signing up with them. You can still enter other events held by other clubs as long as they are CAMS affiliated.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 01, 2009 10:16 pm 

I am looking into it.. my car is still aother year or so off but want to join a club so i know what requirements are needed as far as my car goes.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 02, 2009 12:57 am 

If you do your car right you shouldn't have a problem but, I have had my car pass at one meet then with out touching it they knock back something like a return spring on the throttle or a rubber gromet somewhere at the next meet. It just gets annoying sometimes.
BLCC have a web site http://winterrally.ballarat.net.au/blcc/index.html with a chat forum.
So does NCCA http://www.nissancarclub.org.au/ who also have autocross events just not local though.

You could when your car is going attend a BLCC event and get one of the scrutineers to do a check over of your car and they will let you know what needs to be done. Also once you join a car club you can get Club reg. and only pay $100 a year if you are only going to use it for club days ect.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 02, 2009 6:58 pm 

Thanks... I have been reading over both websites a bit the last few days... some good info there. I am still a fair way off completing my car but wanna join a club eventually... before the cars been finnished anyway. Do you know, off the top of your head, if they'd even allow a 200B fitted with a non turbo sr20 to race in any of the events?

PostPosted: Tue Jun 02, 2009 9:18 pm 

Mate, you can run anything at an autocross or motokhana as long as it has the basic requirements. I ran my 1600 with turbo L18 not long ago. An SR20 in a Datsun is no different to a 4AGE in a Corolla.