Ozdat Home Feature Cars Ozdat Classifieds Event Calander Links Trade Link Tech Resource Merchandise Donate Web Mail
It is currently Fri Apr 26, 2024 7:23 am

All times are UTC+11:00

PostPosted: Fri Jul 24, 2009 11:35 am 

Hi All, its been a while but finally the dato is getting some work done to her, basically at the moment i have a 83' 280zx with the L28E in it although I have the turbo on with twin Su Carbs, now my question is the what is the best way to get the car registered on the road, i believe because of the year of the car that it needs to meet the EPA requirements with Caterlitic convertor and im not sure about the turbo carby setup in regards to the EPA.

Basically i want to register the car with the least amount of work needing to be done, i have all the EFI stuff for non turbo butj i dont really want to have to go through all the crap of taking the turbo off and putting the efi crap back on.

Would an engineers certificate get me around or this? also is there a prerequisite on the engineer that is used or can any engineer sign off on it ??

Any advice on the the matter will be a great help

Thanks All

Joe

Greg @ JustSR.Com
NixCars
Pro240c

PostPosted: Fri Jul 24, 2009 2:44 pm 
Donating Member
Donating Member

Being an 83 model car mate you will find it very hard to find an engineer that would pass it off being that alot of the adr's changed from 78 onwards.You would probly need to have a full emission's test done and it would need to comply with the adr's set for your car not easy with a draw through turbo setup and the test's can cost up to $5000 :o .Easiest way to get it rego'd would be put it back to stock or if you want to keep it turbo put it on straight lpg then there are very little emission rules you need to pass.Good luck with it :D

http://datsun1200.com/modules/newbb/vie ... post494892