Ozdat Home Feature Cars Ozdat Classifieds Event Calander Links Trade Link Tech Resource Merchandise Donate Web Mail
It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 11:51 am

All times are UTC+11:00

PostPosted: Sun Mar 21, 2010 11:11 pm 

ok so myself and a mate are SO disgusted but what happened friday night, at bob jane t-marts in oakleigh, the are trying to organise a fund raiser/charity cruise, with proceeds going to a charity of the store/our choosing, as the store will no doubt be covered by insurance,

we don't have official dates or route organised as of yet, and are hoping for your input, we already have http://www.mobileelectronics.com.au and http://www.preludeaustralia.com onboard, and we're trying to make this HUGE!!

we, as modified car owners need to show the general public that we are not all like these ferals that trashed an innocent shop owners store... we need to show that we DO NOT approve of such behaviour!!

so far we have a facebook page up and we need everyone to join, all details will be up soon, hopefully with your input!!

http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=1 ... 386&ref=nf

PLEASE pass this around to any other forums you may be part of...

PostPosted: Tue Mar 23, 2010 11:04 am 

If you wanted to help make amends, give the money to the shop owner to help fix the damage, if they'll accept it.

[ img ]
BM510 wrote:
I'm a driver.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 23, 2010 11:20 am 

James May wrote:
If you wanted to help make amends, give the money to the shop owner to help fix the damage, if they'll accept it.
That's what insurance is for lol.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 23, 2010 11:24 am 

James May wrote:
A donation to a charity on his behalf will look much better for everyone involved.

While I do not for one second condone the behaviour nor believe the guy that owns the BJ store is anything other than a victim, I'm sure this whole incident will only be a small bump in the road. Hell, in the long run it may even work to his advantage thru an increase in charity business. I know if he was near me I would be more likely to go to him for my next set of tires to give him a bit of business. Again, I would stress that there was absolutely no excuse for the behaviour and it would have been best that it never happened.

I bet if you asked him he would prefer a donation to charity on his behalf too.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 23, 2010 1:04 pm 

Very good idea there...

PostPosted: Tue Mar 23, 2010 2:31 pm 

What appalling behavior happened?

Fiat 124 cc
Property Fleet
200b orange g-spec
71 Datsun 1600 paddock basher
69 Datsun 1600 sitting idle blown engine

PostPosted: Tue Mar 23, 2010 3:36 pm 

jutdat1 wrote:
What appalling behavior happened?
:shock:

:lol: :lol: :lol:

PostPosted: Tue Mar 23, 2010 5:12 pm 

info is now on the suzuki forums...

Could you post some more info about it so i can update the thread on redlinegti? Thanks mate..

PostPosted: Tue Mar 23, 2010 8:29 pm 

yes its appalling that people got to a lot of effort planning and building their cars for events that get cancelled at the last minute with no explanation given...not the first time

of course they should just shut up and do nothing like everything else these days....

PostPosted: Tue Mar 23, 2010 8:37 pm 

socrates wrote:
yes its appalling that people got to a lot of effort planning and building their cars for events that get cancelled at the last minute with no explanation given...not the first time

of course they should just shut up and do nothing like everything else these days....
You're condoning the behaviour of the people who trashed some guys store?

PostPosted: Tue Mar 23, 2010 9:18 pm 

Cowboy1600 wrote:
socrates wrote:

no...but its not surprising it happened...how long can they keep stuffing people around till finally theres a reaction

PostPosted: Tue Mar 23, 2010 9:29 pm 

socrates wrote:
Cowboy1600 wrote:
socrates wrote:

no...but its not surprising it happened...how long can they keep stuffing people around till finally theres a reaction
Lol.

Not surprising, sure. Cause there's a whole lot of fuckwits in this world.....

So the guy who owns the store that was trashed **** people around how exactly?

PostPosted: Tue Mar 23, 2010 9:41 pm 

who said people are rational....

PostPosted: Tue Mar 23, 2010 9:55 pm 

socrates wrote:
who said people are rational....
Rationality doesn't enter into it.

What does enter into it is what's right and what's wrong.

What is wrong is that a bunch of cocksuckers decided to extract revenge on an innocent bystander and you're cool with that.

Condoning their behavior makes you as bad as they are.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 23, 2010 10:08 pm 

a bunch of rowdy muzzas trashed a bob jane store to protest

franchise owner suffers over a decision that his upper management made. granted its not the shop owners fault personally, he didnt do sh*t. it'll be a shock to him and cause him heartache but he'll be insured, and bob jane will have known about it which will perhaps make him think a little harder about the decision he's made and the many people he's upset

it hasnt hurt him directly, as im sure mr rioter intended but nonetheless it has had an effect. so to some small extent, its a win for mr rioter. noone would dare admit it though naturally, as it would encourage more of the same behavior in future

of course such behavior isnt acceptable irrespective of the circumstances, but you can quite clearly see why such a reaction occurred, and the intended effect, and how its panned out now, no?