Ozdat Home Feature Cars Ozdat Classifieds Event Calander Links Trade Link Tech Resource Merchandise Donate Web Mail
It is currently Thu Apr 25, 2024 12:37 pm

All times are UTC+11:00

PostPosted: Wed Jun 30, 2010 11:07 am 

Family Fun Day on at Winton this Saturday the 3rd of July.

$30 entry for an "80%" track day.

All you need is a helmet, $30 and a reasonably roadworthy car!!
Quote:
Winton Motor Raceway would like to invite you and your family to participate in the FUN DAY being held on Saturday the 3rd July, 2010.

Saturday 3rd July, 2010

Gates Open: 8.00am
Cost: $30 per participant

When arriving at the circuit, participants should set up for the day in the support paddock area. In addition to the carports available in this area, 30 powered garages (shared) will be available to hire for the day. To avoid disappointment on the day participants should contact the Winton Administration Office prior to the event if they wish to hire a garage.

All participants (including passengers) must register for the day from 8.30am at the Dutton’s Paddock Office.

Participants must wear flame retardant clothing, ie. cotton, wool, etc. No Nylon. When driving on the circuit, participants must wear clothing that covers them from the neck to wrist to ankle and closed shoes (no thongs, sandals, etc). Helmets must be worn for on track activity.

Cars must have a safety check before going onto the circuit, so we ask that you ensure your vehicle is in a safe roadworthy or race worthy condition for the duration of the activity. No oil leaks or fuel leaks. All cars must be fitted with an effective muffler and must not exceed 95dB (A). This event is for cars only.

The day will be structured with sessions for driver only and sessions for driver and passengers. There will be a compulsory driver briefing at 10.00am, any competitors that are unable to attend the drivers briefing must be briefed by a Winton Official, before going onto the circuit.

Come along and join in the fun at Winton Motor Raceway.
I'm arranging a cruise on the Skyline forums that anyone is welcome to attend.

Details are as follows:
Quote:
Meet point is the BP on the corner of the Hume FREEWAY and Cooper St. Again, note Freeway, not Highway - I'll be in a black R33 and my mate a blue XR8.

5:45am (or earlier) arrival and we will be leaving at 6am sharp. That should see us there by a comfortable 9am (probably earlier, but we'll take it easy - I like having my license intact smile.gif)

~30 minute stop at Maccas in Benella @ around 8am for breakfast and petrol before arriving at Winton ~8:45am

My mobile number is 0418 994 629 and my name is Aaron.

If you are intending on joining the cruse but are running a touch late on the day, gimme a call and we'll wait. Note: we won't wait any longer than 15 minutes for stragglers. The cruise will be at the speed limit so you can try and make up some time by going faster, but that is at your own peril! Gimme a call when on the road and I'll slow us back 10kph if you are really keen to catch up.

I've set pretty conservative times which means we won't need to push it and we can be flexible for people wanting to join along the way.

For me this say is all about fun and it's no fun when people lose licenses or crash cars so pleeeeeeeeeease keep that in mind. Not only does it ruin your day but it ruins everyone's day.

Also, sh*t happens, so if you are wanting to join the cruise somewhere other than Cooper St or are running late, don't hesitate to give me a call.

I don't have a CB or radio so communication along the way will be via mobile. Before leaving I'll tag a lead and a sweeper (probably myself lead and my mate sweeper) so we don't get lost and so no one gets left behind.

Again, this day is about FUN!

If we could get a yes or a no here on whether you wish to come with us and where you'll meet, that'd be great (just so we have a rough idea who to wait for and the like). Also happy to take suggestions on routes, times and such if you think there's a better way to go about the cruise.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 30, 2010 12:34 pm 
Donating Member
Donating Member

Myself and a few of the 1200.com boys are racing up there on sunday so will probly come sat for a look :)

http://datsun1200.com/modules/newbb/vie ... post494892

PostPosted: Wed Jun 30, 2010 12:42 pm 

trb012 wrote:
Myself and a few of the 1200.com boys are racing up there on sunday so will probly come sat for a look :)
Awesome.

For $30 you can get on track :) When are you guys heading up?

PostPosted: Wed Jun 30, 2010 12:56 pm 
Donating Member
Donating Member

Most of us should be there buy lunch time :) Dont think il hit the track sat but

http://datsun1200.com/modules/newbb/vie ... post494892