Ozdat Home Feature Cars Ozdat Classifieds Event Calander Links Trade Link Tech Resource Merchandise Donate Web Mail
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:28 pm

All times are UTC+11:00

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 286 posts ]  Go to page « 115 16 17 18 19 20 »
PostPosted: Sat Aug 21, 2010 12:02 am 
Old Digger

I'm in for a cruise. We can all drive to a scrap yard and watch them destroy all the 200b's in the world that would be a top day. We'll get the douches from Fast fours out to cover the story. :lol:

edit: Sorry I couldn't help myself. The beer is damn tasty tonight :D

PostPosted: Thu Aug 26, 2010 11:33 pm 

Wiseys180 wrote:
About time we start organising the next vic cruise, would be a far more constructive use of the vic section. Also spring is comming up. though the 200bs probably wont make it if we go too far (had to keep it on topic :P)
I recently drove mine to Sydney and back via Canberra, it made it fine. We did run out of fuel on citylink, but that was more of a cashflow issue.
Not only that, but it's been to Queensland and back, as well as Mildura and most of the towns in country Vic.

24TKman wrote:
Dato200B wrote:
I think when it comes to the 200b its blessed with chrome bumpers people seem to think that makes are car valuble
I have a S1 bluey, that has chrome bumpers..... still a piece of sh*t though
I think Bluebirds have a much larger reputation than 200B's. Ask most people what they think of bluebirds and they'll probably say they don't like them. Whereas if I tell someone I have a 200B, the response I usually get is "200 what?". Unless their grandpa had one or something. In which case they tend to go on about how awesome it was.
Anyway, my point is, most people actually know what a bluebird is.

[ img ]
BM510 wrote:
I'm a driver.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 27, 2010 12:52 am 

James May wrote:
24TKman wrote:
Dato200B wrote:
I think when it comes to the 200b its blessed with chrome bumpers people seem to think that makes are car valuble
I have a S1 bluey, that has chrome bumpers..... still a piece of sh*t though
I think Bluebirds have a much larger reputation than 200B's. Ask most people what they think of bluebirds and they'll probably say they don't like them. Whereas if I tell someone I have a 200B, the response I usually get is "200 what?". Unless their grandpa had one or something. In which case they tend to go on about how awesome it was.
Anyway, my point is, most people actually know what a bluebird is.
You might be surprised. I don't think I've talked to anyone who doesn't know what a 200B is? As long as I throw in the word 'Datsun' most people seem to know what I'm talking about.

I've found it to be a 50/50 thing with people liking the Bluebirds, they either love them or hate them. Then there's the thing that most people's attitude towards them changes instantly as soon as they get in my car... As soon as they sit down they're carrying on about how comfy the seats are and how cool it looks inside. :thumbsup:

I've had a few (older) people stop me and tell me how they used to own one from new and say about how awesome it was. I haven't had a single person say they owned one and didn't like it...

As for the chrome bumper syndrome, I think that comes from Holdens and Fords... Early Commodores and 80's onwards Falcons aren't worth much at the moment (they are going up) but most of the older ones are worth a little bit. I wouldn't take less than 10-12 grand for my EH...
On that matter, it actually seems that the value of Bluebirds is increasing slightly - for my current one I paid 3 times what my old one cost and it was unrego'd... Then again that's not hard seeing my old one only set me back $100. :lol:

'63 Holden EH
'02 Grand Vitara
'91 EB Falcon
'91 EA Falcon S
'86 Range Rover
'98 Pulsar
'95 ZZR1100

PostPosted: Fri Aug 27, 2010 1:05 am 

I don't especially hate the 200B but i prefer the 180b coupes, when i was young i spec'd up a few 200b's and quite a few 180b coupes they were plentiful back then, but now i am an old fart i have come to like the S3 bluey big time, don't know what it is about them and did not really care till my son (azzdat94) bought 1, now i am in love.... yes Nathan i think it might be the comfort factor because these old bones feel very much at home in the boys bluey, lol i never thought my love affair with the generals finest would end, but sniff sniff looks like i have caught the bluey bug and there r no antibiotics to fix it.

Aaron's (azzdat94) dad Ron

PostPosted: Fri Aug 27, 2010 10:10 am 

JohnnoEH wrote:
You might be surprised. I don't think I've talked to anyone who doesn't know what a 200B is? As long as I throw in the word 'Datsun' most people seem to know what I'm talking about.

I've found it to be a 50/50 thing with people liking the Bluebirds, they either love them or hate them. Then there's the thing that most people's attitude towards them changes instantly as soon as they get in my car... As soon as they sit down they're carrying on about how comfy the seats are and how cool it looks inside. :thumbsup:

I've had a few (older) people stop me and tell me how they used to own one from new and say about how awesome it was. I haven't had a single person say they owned one and didn't like it...

As for the chrome bumper syndrome, I think that comes from Holdens and Fords... Early Commodores and 80's onwards Falcons aren't worth much at the moment (they are going up) but most of the older ones are worth a little bit. I wouldn't take less than 10-12 grand for my EH...
On that matter, it actually seems that the value of Bluebirds is increasing slightly - for my current one I paid 3 times what my old one cost and it was unrego'd... Then again that's not hard seeing my old one only set me back $100. :lol:
I agree with you, most ppl when I say I own a Golf then tell them I also have a Datsun their first question is, "what model?" I say 180B and they offten tell me how they used to have one back in Uni or how their mates had one or like my previous boss who's mum had a SSS as a company car when she worked for Myers of all places back in the 70s....

They do have a nostalgic value more than a financial one, back when I used to drive to the city and back ppl would always slow down to have a look and even take a photo, or pull up next to me at the lights and have a bit of a chat.

Some ppl may think it's a rust bucket when I first mention it, but once I show them a photo or see it for them selves that totally changes...

PostPosted: Fri Aug 27, 2010 1:53 pm 

LOL this thread is a joke
if theres anything gayer than a 200b its the fukin anoying owner spitting so much sh*t,
that just fuels the hate for them.

but ofcorse it comes down to personal preference..
some guys prefer 200b's... good for them, its there choice,
and some prefer cock over vag, also there personal choice, nothing against it..

and r33's are crap

PostPosted: Fri Aug 27, 2010 2:13 pm 
Old Digger

:lol: this is a farking pissa

PostPosted: Fri Aug 27, 2010 6:31 pm 

:rofl:

71' datsun 1600 - the project

90' 180sx - bit of sh*t skid machine. one day sr20det donor for the 1600.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 28, 2010 11:14 pm 
200B's are amazing!!

PostPosted: Sun Aug 29, 2010 8:29 pm 
Donating Member
Donating Member

MYDATO wrote:
I'm in for a cruise. We can all drive to a scrap yard and watch them destroy all the 200b's in the world that would be a top day. We'll get the douches from Fast fours out to cover the story. :lol:
Well, the most exciting thing that has happened on an Ozdat cruise was when I reversed my 200B into a pole. Based on that, I won't be offended if you decide to organise a cruise that 200Bs are not allowed to attend, and something tells me that neither will anyone else in Victoria with a 200B.

I've found over the years that people either like or hate Datsuns - it generally doesn't matter what model it is. Having said that, everybody who has been in the green 200B thought it was pretty cool. All of my ex-girlfriends loved it, and one even said she thought mine was cooler when I pointed out a 1600 to her.

The fleet:
'80 200B GX - the green200b - hibernating indefinitiely
'81 RX-7 - 12A extend port, 4.375 LSD - daily (currently hibernating)
'74 RX-2 - 13B bridgeport, 4.444 LSD - cruiser (also hibernating)
Dato200B wrote:
Green200B has forgotten more about 200Bs than we will ever know.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 29, 2010 9:45 pm 
Site Admin

I've tried to stay out of this thread - I really have - but I couldn't let this go:
green200b wrote:
All of my ex-girlfriends loved it, and one even said she thought mine was cooler when I pointed out a 1600 to her.
So she was a queer, deaf, stupid, mute then?

http://www.lescollinsracing.com/

PostPosted: Sun Aug 29, 2010 9:54 pm 

Lurch wrote:
I've tried to stay out of this thread - I really have - but I couldn't let this go:
Me neither.
Lurch wrote:
green200b wrote:
All of my ex-girlfriends loved it, and one even said she thought mine was cooler when I pointed out a 1600 to her.
As one who knows?

Dave

AUS Project: 1972 1600, 3200km old S15 SR20DET, ground up rebuild. SOLD

PostPosted: Sun Aug 29, 2010 9:57 pm 
Old Digger

Lurch wrote:
green200b wrote:
:rofl: little bit of wee just came out :rofl:

PostPosted: Sun Aug 29, 2010 10:57 pm 
Donating Member
Donating Member

:rofl:

Wow, you have a great argument going when the best response you can come up with is a personal attack!

The fleet:
'80 200B GX - the green200b - hibernating indefinitiely
'81 RX-7 - 12A extend port, 4.375 LSD - daily (currently hibernating)
'74 RX-2 - 13B bridgeport, 4.444 LSD - cruiser (also hibernating)
Dato200B wrote:
Green200B has forgotten more about 200Bs than we will ever know.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 30, 2010 4:26 am 

A quote from my dad.......many a cherry can be found under the back seat of a 200B
but unless she is 4 foot 3 the back seat of a 1600 is not for me

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 286 posts ]  Go to page « 115 16 17 18 19 20 »