Ozdat Home Feature Cars Ozdat Classifieds Event Calander Links Trade Link Tech Resource Merchandise Donate Web Mail
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 7:21 am

All times are UTC+11:00

PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2014 11:43 pm 
Donating Member
Donating Member

Anth510 wrote:
Too many grey areas
:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

The fleet:
'80 200B GX - the green200b - hibernating indefinitiely
'81 RX-7 - 12A extend port, 4.375 LSD - daily (currently hibernating)
'74 RX-2 - 13B bridgeport, 4.444 LSD - cruiser (also hibernating)
Dato200B wrote:
Green200B has forgotten more about 200Bs than we will ever know.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 08, 2015 2:33 pm 

How **** hard is it for people to understand that we have a good thing going here. Give an inch, take a mile, then complain when it gets taken off us or just made harder for us in the future.
Attachment:
[ attachment ]
1939402_864533836903018_4122816488850161293_n.jpg [ 83.68 KiB | Viewed 5856 times ]
Would've been cheaper for him/her to just get full rego.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 08, 2015 2:40 pm 

Oh yes iT happens a lot and that's why they are cracking down big time. They can Google map my car if they want or track It. I fill out the book very time. No point trying to fudge it from the stupid stories I hear around the place.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 08, 2015 9:15 pm 
Donating Member
Donating Member

I wonder how hard it would be for VicRoads to cancel or severely change the club permit scheme if they wanted to? Hopefully the scheme is not doomed. If I really had to I could get a roadworthy for both of my club permitted vehicles and put them back on full rego. But I don't really like the idea of having to do so :(

I've only been pulled over by the police once in a club permitted vehicle but I had filled out my log book and the police officer actually thanked me for doing the right thing, saying quite a few people had supposedly 'forgotten' or written it in pencil.

The fleet:
Dato200B wrote:

PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2015 6:58 pm 

So the new regs have arrived.
Enforced from 31/1/15

https://www.vicroads.vic.gov.au/registr ... nuary-2015

This section I find interesting. Looks like we are going to have to self police illegally modified vehicles.

It's going to throw a spanner in the works for a lot of modified cars that have not been engineered

Attachments:
[ attachment ]
image.png [ 184.09 KiB | Viewed 5810 times ]

PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2015 9:03 pm 

So bolt on cages pre 1995 under vsi 28. What If yours was made for your model car but not fitted to your exact car then?

Wondering if that means my brown Davis half cage is acceptable now?

PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2015 10:09 pm 
Donating Member
Donating Member

turbo510 wrote:
So the new regs have arrived.
Enforced from 31/1/15

https://www.vicroads.vic.gov.au/registr ... nuary-2015

This section I find interesting. Looks like we are going to have to self police illegally modified vehicles.

It's going to throw a spanner in the works for a lot of modified cars that have not been engineered
I'd say quite a few people will end up with some leadweights that owe them a lot of money soon. The bit I don't understand the point of is the fact that even once I get a roadworthy certificate, the club scrutineer still has to check the car over and then take photos. For what? Surely we can rely on a qualified mechanic's roadworthy moreso than someone the club has voted on to look at cars. It doesn't put the onus on the mechanic for ensuring the car is safe really. It's going to be more hassle to get a car on the road and maintain this for 45 days of driving than it will be to get a car on the road to drive for 365 days!

With the self-policing of illegally modified vehicles, the way I read into the new regulations it that no action is required on such cars, it is merely at the club's disgression as to whether they allow the car to maintain its club permit. So if you're building an un-engineerable car, get it on a club permit this week :p I for one am not really in support of the M-plate. There is no requirement for registered cars to display anything suggesting they've been modified and engineered, plus police may well target these vehicles for random vehicle inspections.

I wonder how many cars will be going on to club plates in the next week or so...

The fleet:
Dato200B wrote:

PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2015 10:46 pm 

How do you read point 7
"Promptly notify Vicroads of modifications outside of vehicle standards or modification guidelines or safety issues for any club permit vehicles endorsed by the club.

Clubs must promptly notify members of suspected safety issues or non-compliance with the Vehicle Standards and/or modifications guidelines and require that these issues are rectified within 14 days. If issues are not resolved by the member within 14 days, the club must notify Vicroads."

to suggest that no action is required. It is written in very clear English that is not open to interpretation. (unlike the old regulations)

Clubs that continue to allow non compliant cars to remain on club permit open themselves to liability issues and the potential to have their approval revoked.

Any club allowing a rush on club permit inspections between now and the 31/1 should probably expect some extra scrutiny from Vicroads.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2015 3:35 pm 

Quote:
3.2 Carry-over provisions For the purposes of these modified vehicle guidelines, a vehicle model that is first released for public sale before 1949 that continues in production essentially unchanged beyond 1948 may be treated as if it were a pre-1949 model irrespective of when the vehicle was actually built. However, a vehicle model first released before 1969 that continues essentially unchanged beyond 1968 may only be treated as if it were a pre-1969 model if: „ evidence, in the form of an Australian compliance plate, previous registration history or a VASS Approval Certificate, of the vehicle’s compliance with any applicable Australian Design Rules (ADRs) has been supplied; and if „ any modification carried out on the vehicle does not affect, or have the potential to affect, compliance with any applicable ADR; and if „ the vehicle was manufactured before 1973.

I don't understand this.... So does that mean our later later year model 1600's are classified as a 68 model for the purpose of rules or not?

PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2015 4:33 pm 
Donating Member
Donating Member

turbo510 wrote:
How do you read point 7
"Promptly notify Vicroads of modifications outside of vehicle standards or modification guidelines or safety issues for any club permit vehicles endorsed by the club.

Clubs must promptly notify members of suspected safety issues or non-compliance with the Vehicle Standards and/or modifications guidelines and require that these issues are rectified within 14 days. If issues are not resolved by the member within 14 days, the club must notify Vicroads."

to suggest that no action is required. It is written in very clear English that is not open to interpretation. (unlike the old regulations)

Clubs that continue to allow non compliant cars to remain on club permit open themselves to liability issues and the potential to have their approval revoked.

Any club allowing a rush on club permit inspections between now and the 31/1 should probably expect some extra scrutiny from Vicroads.
Sorry, I didn't read the link, just the paperwork that was sent to clubs. In particular the section reading:
Quote:
Existing club permit vehicles that may not meet vehicle standards

While VicRoads will not actively identify existing modified vehicles for re-certification, periodically modified vehicles are reported to VicRoads as unroadworthy and/or inappropriately modified and VicRoads is required to take action when this occurs. In such instances, VicRoads will write to the permit holder avising them to request that their club re-assess the vehicle in accordance with the new requirements.

Clubs may also choose to re-certify certain existing modified vehicles and seek that the vehicle be issued with an "M" modified club permit plate.
So for existing modified cars on H plates you're fine until you get reported or the club requests you change to H-plates. Not a bad way for VicRoads to get all of the un-engineered old cars off the road!

The fleet:
Dato200B wrote:

PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2015 4:49 pm 

My understanding regarding 1600's and other Carry-over cars (disclaimer, could be wrong) is that period modifications mean it can be treated as a 68, but modifications affecting ADR's or compliance (late model engine swaps) must still be engineered.

The key term they use seems to be "of the era"

As such I see that L20b's should be fine in 1600's but CA/SR/FJ would require engineering. That said if there is a significant power increase of greater than 40% for under 2000cc it still needs certification.

Diffs and brakes are fine as long as there is no cutting, drilling or welding of hubs/steering/suspension componentry

VSI8 for bodywork changes unless the car has a separate chassis

VSI8 for wheels and steering mods

Roll cages are OK if certified/CAMS Approved

Green 200B
Point 7 is in the paperwork sent to the Clubs, that is where I got it from.
It is in the "Club Permit Agreement" that an office bearer of the club has to sign and return to Vicroads.

It's a pretty important thing that should not be missed.
You are not "fine" till you get reported or the club requests you change to M plates.

The agreement which the office bearer must sign on behalf of the club effectively makes the signatory/club committee liable if they knowingly allow non compliant cars to remain on club permit.

It is a smart way for Vicroads to ensure self policing by the clubs.
Getting kicked off the club permit scheme would be the least of a clubs worries, especially if a non compliant car that the club had knowledge of was involved in an accident where someone was hurt

PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2015 5:56 pm 
Donating Member
Donating Member

turbo510 wrote:
Green 200B
Point 7 is in the paperwork sent to the Clubs, that is where I got it from.
It is in the "Club Permit Agreement" that an office bearer of the club has to sign and return to Vicroads.
Righto, I haven't seen that part, just had some documentation sent to me via picture message. Hmm, I might call VicRoads and see what they in that case. Just had a read of it and it's all still quite ambiguous.

The fleet:
Dato200B wrote:

PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2015 6:21 pm 

How is it ambiguous?

It seems pretty straight forward to me, If you know members are breaking the rules give them 14 days to rectify it. If they don't you have 7 days to notify Vicroads in writing.

You need to read the whole document package that was sent out before you start making misleading comments