Ozdat Home Feature Cars Ozdat Classifieds Event Calander Links Trade Link Tech Resource Merchandise Donate Web Mail
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 10:09 pm

All times are UTC+11:00

PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2012 12:23 am 

Hi Guys

this has come to me through the rally guys i dont know the original source but i will try to confirm the truth in a couple of days when i talk to a couple of friends. All i can say is to be careful and make sure you have filled out your log book before you leave home (you can only drive 100m from your registered garaged address without filling it in).

Clubs are required to sign an agreement with VicRoads that they meet certain obligations including that they notify VicRoads if they become aware or reasonably suspect a pattern of incorrect use of a logbook by a member. If this is not done, VicRoads will be able to revoke the club’s approval to be part of the scheme. so if you get caught use your car with out filling out the logbook you may be putting this scheme at risk for all of your clubs users.

CLASSIC CAR DRIVERS BEWARE.

The Victorian police are on the warpath! They have been instructed to pull over all cars wearing Vic “Club Permit Scheme” plates (red plates) , where practical and safe, to check log books.

If your log book is not filled out you will be booked. Partial entries will not be accepted. For example some people have filled out and signed their log book but not dated it – this will not be accepted! Any transgression will earn the log book holder a fine in excess of $600, loss of three demerit points and loss of CPS registration. Be warned!

cheers BC

PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2012 10:41 am 

I always fill out my log book, even if I'm only going a short distance, not worth the risk when the rego is so cheap. Thanks for the heads up, I'd hate to see the scheme be revoked.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2012 11:24 am 
Donating Member
Donating Member

You guys down south have a much better scheme than we do in NSW (can only be used for club-organised events up here, and the car must be virtually stock standard), look on it as a privilege and do all you can to ensure it stays as-is :thumbsup:

1965 SP310 Fairlady
1966 SP311 Fairlady

PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2012 11:30 am 

Dave wrote:
You guys down south have a much better scheme than we do in NSW (can only be used for club-organised events up here, and the car must be virtually stock standard), look on it as a privilege and do all you can to ensure it stays as-is :thumbsup:
its not often you hear words to the effect of 'you guys have a better licencing program in vicoria' lol, it somehow dont seem to make up for the hellishly restrictive modification laws. but yea, worth treasuring ur club permits, would be a shame to see them go.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2012 11:54 am 

We do have it good with this scheme, sometimes I wonder how the hell it got approved or who put it in place. Think about how much money VicRoads is losing every time you go to a car show and see majority of the cars on club plates.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 09, 2012 8:28 am 

Ahh they want to phase out old cars and they must think this is a step in that direction. VicRoads is still sh*t, but whoever did the arguing for this scheme is amazing.

Just hope it lasts.

1999 GXE10

PostPosted: Sat Jun 09, 2012 12:22 pm 

Yesterday at the Hume Hwy, sydney road section where it turns out to 3 lanes right next to the Fawkner cop station! how convenient set up a huge road block pulling cars over for Road worthies so yes this news is just right for peeps who think otherwise youve been warned. They blocked the traffic for hours causing mass congestion and trying to pull the cars over doing u turns and going back the other way (The coppers all looked like longtime elder grey haired bitter control freaks with real nasty dispositions no youngsters so I just decided to go back the other way.) but werent enough squad cars to stop them all including me.

Revenue making Feds want to tighten the hold on an already struggling middle class and make them buy new cars or upgrade to modern junk that keeps the third party parts industry happy. The local industry is suffering and yes as Hezath pointed they think this is the right move. Well thats one way to look at it, personally they are trying to raise money before its all gone from our pockets unless we drop our families and head off for mining towns where we can suffer without a community or family but pay the Bankers and keep the dog eat dog system going.

In the future you will only be able to work for Mining, Defence, Agri science or big Pharma to make a good living so thats Dig, shoot or replicate and patent gene tech or make/sell drugs and spam flu to peeps and governments all owned by Banks like BNP Paribas, Tamiflu anyone? look up the spam flu in 1975 and see the exact BS of recent.
ATM recent data shows the USA has 60% employed directly or somehow connected to Defence Dept and the NSA (googles sponsors and creators after they couldnt control Microcock) have hit over 1 million high ranked employees with all kinds of clearance to info that is illegal by their own and our constitution.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 09, 2012 1:03 pm 

[ img ]

PostPosted: Sat Jun 09, 2012 8:44 pm 

stop whining

PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2012 12:30 am 

LOL the microwaves made me do it!

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2012 11:41 am 
Old Digger

I you can't fill out a log book correctly you deserve everything you get. What the **** is wrong with people these days.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2012 11:44 am 

agreed, not hard to fill it in but as im new to the scheme, i carry a pen and the book at all times.
ive heard people use the excuse i forgot a pen..... that doesnt work either.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2012 12:16 pm 

Braddles,
I think its more the issue of people would like 365 days of club rego'd driving.
Good way of tight arse'ing right there, $680odd compared to $130 for "90" days.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2012 12:51 pm 

You could always have 4 cars on club rego and drive one every day, 4 x 90 days @ $130ea = 360 days / $520 :lol: over $100 cheaper than full reg! :P

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2012 3:30 pm 

plus cheaper insurance :P