Ozdat Home Feature Cars Ozdat Classifieds Event Calander Links Trade Link Tech Resource Merchandise Donate Web Mail
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:57 pm

All times are UTC+11:00

Post subject: Re: CLASSIC JAPAN 2015
PostPosted: Fri Oct 16, 2015 12:05 am 
Donating Member
Donating Member

I agree with Dan on this one. I'm not sure which car I will take yet, plus I don't exactly remember it being overcrowded with cars last year so will they make 600 cars? I don't have a problem with paying $15 as long as it actually goes to the event and not towards making someone rich.

The fleet:
'80 200B GX - the green200b - hibernating indefinitiely
'81 RX-7 - 12A extend port, 4.375 LSD - daily (currently hibernating)
'74 RX-2 - 13B bridgeport, 4.444 LSD - cruiser (also hibernating)
Dato200B wrote:
Green200B has forgotten more about 200Bs than we will ever know.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 17, 2015 9:17 am 

$15 to me makes it seem like they are trying to weed out the people driving sh*t-heaps like my car.

I will defy them, and bring my sh*t-heap regardless :D

PostPosted: Wed Nov 18, 2015 8:37 am 

Glad you guys found all the event details.

Definitely not trying to weed out sh*t heaps, in fact we love sh*t heaps!!

The casualness of the event remains - bring what ever you like, there are no classes, no judging, its just a bunch of enthusiasts appreciating cool old Jap tin. Whether its a beater, its a show n shine trailer queen, track car, drift car, what ever, we love them all.

Why are we charging? Portable toilets don't come free, venues don't come free, all of the things we do to make it great don't come for free. And $5 from the entry fee goes straight to charity. And our club is trying to break even on the show this year, the last few have cost our club plenty, which we have been prepared to do to get the show off the ground, but there comes a time when we have to be fiscally responsible with our members money.

Why are we doing pre-registration - mostly to ease the queues for entry, but also so we can get you a goodies bag with some stuff from our sponsors and vendors. Rather than dicking about taking people's money at the gate, everyone will get a sticker and pack in the mail (if you register early enough!) and we can just wave you on through to get parked up. This is part of the traffic management as much as anything.

350 people have already registered, it is going to be huge.

Details again in case you need them:

Its on again!

The Toyota Car Club of Australia (Vic) is proud to present the 5th Annual Classic Japan car and bike show.

All the details and registration can be done at http://www.classicjapan.org.au and keep an eye on http://www.facebook.com/classicjapanshow

Venue: Como Park North, South Yarra. Melbourne, Australia.
Date: Sunday, December 6, 2015
Event Schedule:

7:00am – 8:00am. Vendor set up and trailered vehicle arrival.
8:00am – 9:3oam. Gates open for entrant arrival.
9:30am – 2:00pm. Gates Closed (No vehicles to be moved or started during this time).
2:00pm – 3:00pm. Gates open for entrant exit.
3:00pm. Event closed.

Eligibility criteria:
Vehicles sold by a Japanese manufacturer with a build date up to (and including) December 31st, 1990. (25 years or older)
As per previous years vehicles sold by an Australian subsidiary such as the Holden (Isuzu) Gemini and Chrysler (Mitsubishi) Galant are eligible.

If your unsure of your vehicles eligibility please send us a message via the Facebook page or email events@tccav.org.au

[ img ]

PostPosted: Wed Nov 18, 2015 9:17 am 
Donating Member
Donating Member

Looking forward to it should be a great day hopefully the weather holds out this year :lol:

http://datsun1200.com/modules/newbb/vie ... post494892