Ozdat Home Feature Cars Ozdat Classifieds Event Calander Links Trade Link Tech Resource Merchandise Donate Web Mail
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 11:00 am

All times are UTC+11:00

Post subject: Motorfest 2011
PostPosted: Mon Oct 11, 2010 3:33 am 

Hi guys, just wondering if anyone here would want to enter in Motorfest next year? I was originally gonna see if we could get a few Bluebirds going but the silence was deafening on AussieBluebirds...

They've changed the cutoff to 20 years so pretty much every car on this site would be eligible. I've only just found that out, it was all very hush hush until not that long ago.

Anyway, here's some info I wrote out earlier for the other site, no point in typing it out twice.

Where? - Hyde Park, Sydney. The cars usually line Macquarie and College Streets past the old Parliament house, the Barracks and the park itself.

What? - Free breakfast? :P I dunno, they usually have a few things around in the city, the cannons firing, etc. They sometimes have a couple of things like the F1 pitstop challenge but the main attraction is certainly the cars (for me anyway).

What sort of cars go? - Anything and everything! This includes vintage cars from the 1900's, of course there are the obligatory early Holdens and Fords, they've usually had several E types and Beetles show up, Mustangs, Lotus Cortinas, right through to the Corona club and even a Volvo 240 Turbo one year. They sometimes have a couple of race cars, usually an open wheeler or two and a few vintage speedway cars and some vintage fire engines and whatnot.

How much? Free! :thumbsup: The only catch is you have to be prepared to be there by 6am (it's not always that early, depends where they put your car), and as I said before you can't remove the car before 5am.

Here's the website:
http://www.mynrma.com.au/cps/rde/xchg/m ... orfest.htm

Anyway, I don't think there have been many Dattos in Motorfest before, if at all... It's been a good day every time I've been, just wandering around looking at all the old cars. Even if you're going into the city for the other stuff that's on, it's free and secure parking for the entire day...

Anyway, let me know what you all think. If any of you want to enter, you'll have to be quick, or you'll miss out. You don't have to be a NRMA member, just gotta have a relatively nice car. It doesn't have to be perfect, hell, I've driven down in my EH and entered before. It's not as straight as my Bluebird and that's covered in hail dents...

'63 Holden EH
'02 Grand Vitara
'91 EB Falcon
'91 EA Falcon S
'86 Range Rover
'98 Pulsar
'95 ZZR1100