Ozdat Home Feature Cars Ozdat Classifieds Event Calander Links Trade Link Tech Resource Merchandise Donate Web Mail
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 7:02 am

All times are UTC+11:00

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 20, 2008 1:05 pm 

Howdy All,

Hey Shane sounds like you and I've got a bit in common. I'm an old bastard, im 42, live in Sydney and I just joined Ozdat today, I have had Datto's all my life and have been reading and watching Ozdat website for a while but never previously signed up.

I've got:

An Aussie '68 510 Granny Spec, light Blue colour and immaculate - just bought it from another OZ Dat guy named "Neil" in Melbourne last week. its rego is "DATSUN" haha

A USA '72 2 Door 510 bought it as a rolling shell from Wayne Davis in Mildura, I've had it for couple of years just finished preparing and got it registered here in Oz as LHD - Orange colour totally original and fun to drive around fully reg LHD!

A Datsun 1200 Coupe Rally Car which I regularly race - White, fully prepared with 1397cc "A" series motor, Haltech, Commodore fuel injection, Full Roll cage etc etc.

An EVO III with 2.4 litre stroker motor, Haltech bla bla

A PRB Lotus 7 Clubman, worked 4AGE Motor, Motec, etc

Lets catch up some time!

Anybody else can contact me if similar interests and want to chat about all things Datto, EVO's (oops can i say EVO here?) etc etc..

Nev.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 20, 2008 3:15 pm 

nev510 wrote:
Howdy All,

Hey Shane sounds like you and I've got a bit in common. I'm an old bastard, im 42, live in Sydney and I just joined Ozdat today, I have had Datto's all my life and have been reading and watching Ozdat website for a while but never previously signed up.

I've got:

An Aussie '68 510 Granny Spec, light Blue colour and immaculate - just bought it from another OZ Dat guy named "Neil" in Melbourne last week. its rego is "DATSUN" haha

A USA '72 2 Door 510 bought it as a rolling shell from Wayne Davis in Mildura, I've had it for couple of years just finished preparing and got it registered here in Oz as LHD - Orange colour totally original and fun to drive around fully reg LHD!

A Datsun 1200 Coupe Rally Car which I regularly race - White, fully prepared with 1397cc "A" series motor, Haltech, Commodore fuel injection, Full Roll cage etc etc.

An EVO III with 2.4 litre stroker motor, Haltech bla bla

A PRB Lotus 7 Clubman, worked 4AGE Motor, Motec, etc

Lets catch up some time!

Anybody else can contact me if similar interests and want to chat about all things Datto, EVO's (oops can i say EVO here?) etc etc..

Nev.
Hey mate welcome Im Tim from Dee Why
Good to see Neils car went to a good home, i also bought my 1600 off neil it was a mustard coloured stocker, but not as good as his blue one.
Putting an Sr20det in it, but not chopping it up to bits, feel bad enough puttin th sr in.
Ill let you know when its done, would love to see the blue 68 in the flesh

Cheers Tim :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 20, 2008 4:27 pm 

Hi Tim,

Nice to meet you. Its good to know you're not going to chop around your datto for the SR20 too much, i'm an advocate of keeping Datto's original as they're pretty old now, certainly original down to not changing whatever cant be reversed.

Let me know when your Datto is ready or of any other chance to catch up. I'm looking for excuses to go cruisin in the Blu 68 however porbably a trip to newwy is a bit far seeing its only got 36,000 original miles - dont want to run the miles up too much.

How long have you had your mustard car?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 20, 2008 4:38 pm 

PM sent
bought the mustard car in september 07 :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 20, 2008 5:14 pm 

so, if use wont come to newwy does that mean i gotta do the Klm's to sydney.. meh it'll be worth it :D

Yewwww Cruuiizee !!!

[ img ]
Thy Beast 1600
Datfusion

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 20, 2008 8:47 pm 

howdy
im chris, im 18 and im a 2nd yr apprentice fitter and machinest, im at The Rock at the moment which is 30 mins south of Wagga.
my current ride is a 1971 1600, a mild L18, 5 speed and an r180 diff, check members ride section,

paddock bashers that ive had include another 1600, a datto 200b, a datto 180b sss, a gb galant 1400, a renault fuego, but the best of all was easily the 1600 tho, it was a great dirt car

1971 1600, mild L18, 5 speed

All I want is less to do, more time to do it and higher pay for not getting it done.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 15, 2008 9:28 pm 

I'm Rob, and i live in Taree, mid north coast NSW, about an hour north of newy. I'm a panel beater, but i'm currently trying to do my change over to a spray painter. I have been given a 72 1600, needs alot of TLC and just about everything to rebuild her, it's just a rolling shell, that's it, but gotta start somewhere.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 16, 2008 12:24 am 

Scott
19 next month
student but hopefully soon to be apprentice sparky

drive a '98 festy on a daily basis (mummas old car)
have a '71 1200 sedan as a cruiser (slammed with A13, white walls and venetians)
'73 1200 wagon in the shed waiting for some loving (stripped naked)
previously owned a poo Vn (fuel guzzling tank)
Also have a 50cc 2000 Bolwell Gypsy scooter (fuk yeah!)

EDIT: im not even from NSW so i dunno why i posted in here haha should have read the title first. sorry guys. :oops:

PostPosted: Sun Jun 22, 2008 11:23 am 

Hey all im travis, im 25
I live in the blue mountains and work in penrith as a motor mechanic.

My current project car is a stock looking 510, i brought the car just over a year ago, it had just been resprayed in the original white, still got the gl stripes up the side and the stock hubcaps, i just need to build a motor for it as the L18 in it self destructed.

Previous cars include: Wrx blue 510 with sr20det / 1200 coupe with a14 and delortos / slammed 200b with trx rims and a locked diff / ke30 corolla with ca18det / 5l vs commodore / s14 200sx / orignal mk2 cortina.

If i was to have anything in the world it would be to spend an hour in each of my previouse cars!

PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2008 12:06 am 

dont forget the cruise next weekend sydney people !

nev, bring the stocker !!!

PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2009 6:38 pm 

Matt.
Northern beaches.
Student.
Previous cars,
71 sandman
84 ke70
Currently without a car :|

PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2009 12:19 am 

Im kev
live in bris at the mo and im a printer
but super keen to get a mature aged app'ship as a panel beater somewhere between newie and grafton (got family at port)
im 28
had a few cars
1. 120Y
2. 85 corolla
3. vl commonwhore
4. 200B
5. maz 626
6. vn more commonwhore
7. 180sx
8. gen 3 liberty
9. (the car i got now) another 200B

PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2009 10:55 am 

hi im jason

16 , 17 in november
from wollongong
work as qaurry man/ operator for ClearyBros

first and only car is an orange 77 120y

chicks dig the Y's
until they realise the actual size of the back seat!

PostPosted: Tue Jul 27, 2010 8:52 pm 

come on you fellow new south welshman...one of you 1600 owners must know someone with a '70/71 front valance panel in great cond for sale. i live in brookvale, will drive out to get it.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 03, 2010 1:33 am 

Well, I've been on here a while but haven't done this yet, so here goes...

Name's Nate, I'm 21 and am doing secondary teaching at SCU (what a sh*t uni lol) and delivering Pizzas at Dominos. Pity the pay is so crap, I enjoy cruising around town more than teaching. :P Anyway, I'm living in Coffs Harbour at the moment, was originally from Port though.

My current cars:

'82 S1 GX Bluebird - Had it 2 weeks now, it was bought not only because I'm a Bluebird nut but to be a cheap runaround and a fun bog-stock cruiser. No matter how much I told myself that it's too good to modify, that 'stock' thing lasted 3 days before I the spending begun...
'82 Stanza rally car (SSS mockup) - Stock aside from rally safety gear, King springs, GT Gas shocks, twin SSS SUs, rally cam. Goes sideways into trees. :lol:
'64 Holden EH - was my first car, has a (stuffed) 186 with a hot cam, Yella Terra head, triple XU-1 CD150 Strombergs, etc. W58 Supra 5 speed, full Lovells suspension (very stiff, handles awesome, let alone for what it is). It's poo brown and outruns air cooled Porsche 911s around Oran Park. :D

Previous cars:

'82 S1 Bluebird Venturer - rusted out $100 shitheap with rego... Served as my daily and khana basher for a year until we uncovered some really serious terminal rust. Also the most unreliable car I've seen in my life.
'76 LX Torana - project, 202, trimatic. Was to be a rally car but then I sold it to make room for the Stanza.
'07 Toyota Yaris YRS - daily runaround, it's actually Mum's but was bought for me to drive after the above Bluebird was sold

'63 Holden EH
'02 Grand Vitara
'91 EB Falcon
'91 EA Falcon S
'86 Range Rover
'98 Pulsar
'95 ZZR1100