Ozdat Home Feature Cars Ozdat Classifieds Event Calander Links Trade Link Tech Resource Merchandise Donate Web Mail
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 4:10 pm

All times are UTC+11:00

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2012 9:44 pm 

I was wondering where are some good places to take my 200B to get serviced in Adelaide? Thanks :)

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2012 10:21 pm 

assuming you have a stock 200B just find a reputable mechanic in your area. There simple cars so not to much that is gonna get messed up. Ask your friends if they like there local shop.

78 ZH Fairlane 500 Bluesmobile
86 ZL Fairlane ZLane
78 ZH Fairlane 500 Barn find
85 Troopy 2H Turbo

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2012 9:24 am 
Guru

Dato200B wrote:
assuming you have a stock 200B just find a reputable mechanic in your area. There simple cars so not to much that is gonna get messed up. Ask your friends if they like there local shop.
Not quite true, every datto that comes into our shop for the first time, we do a tune & check the valve timing & valve clearances.
Most older dattos have had the head gasket replaced by now & 50% of them have the valve timing out & most have tight exhaust clearances.

We even get Nissan dealers calling us and asking how to set the points on the dual point dizzys.
Yes they are basically simple & so is an SU carby. In its simlicity lies the comlexity.
So many we get with crunching synchos & hard shifting in the mornings due to service centers using
universal gearbox & diff oil. They just dont know the product.

"R.I.P. Baz. 29 April 2022. Thank you for all your contributions to the Datsun community over the years. You will be missed." - OZDAT

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2012 11:12 am 

fair enough Baz there is no way im debating with you. I guess cause i go to a friend who has run his shop since the 60s i im used to his knoledge.

Why not take the car to datsport!

86 ZL Fairlane ZLane
85 Troopy 2H Turbo

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2012 5:08 pm 

Dato200B wrote:
Why not take the car to datsport!
Probably 'cause by the time he leaves it won't be a stock 200B anymore. :thumbsup:

douglasamills wrote:
1600s arent the only datsun

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2012 10:23 pm 

This is all true and i learnt this with mine when i was running a l20b in my 200b and saw datsport.
the mechanics there know what they are doing.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2012 11:51 pm 

yeah, as long as u got a 1600 & a pocket full of cash. Wasnt happy with there service, keen to take your money but only do a half assed job. Better off doing it yourself. Try nisscare, those boys should be able to help you out if your in A town.

810- 79` nanspec
C110- awaiting resto<gtr spec>
Kb10- laid up

previous rides
610- started this gangsta s#@t
610- organ donour
910- s2 trx auto hauler
510- loud, low... still kickn myself!
510- RIP

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2012 11:03 am 
Old Digger

fatdat810 wrote:
yeah, as long as u got a 1600 & a pocket full of cash. Wasnt happy with there service, keen to take your money but only do a half assed job. Better off doing it yourself. Try nisscare, those boys should be able to help you out if your in A town.
You must have been an ass clown or something to receive such bad service then, as everyone I know that has dealt with Datsport are more than happy with the service and products the shop supplies. Do I buy allot from Datsport? Not really I prefer to source my own parts or fab the stuff myself. However I have bought from them before and have spoken to Baz on the phone for (free) advise and I know I'm always welcome weather I spend money or not. I guess some people expect everything for nothing these days. :lol: Oh yeah A Town??? :rofl: :woohoo:

I agree with Baz about the service. The main thing to consider here is many mechanics these days don't know nor care about the older cars. It's not un common for them to turn old cars away. They just want the quick and easy jobs so they can churn through them quickly. The more jobs you turn over the more money you make mentality applies. So take your car to a shop that cares about your make of car and you'll come out on top in the end. IN SA I would recommend Datsport :D

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2012 2:26 pm 

No disrespect meant. I know Baz fabricates and produces high quality components for Datsuns due to his knowledge and experience. But what would you know... your from Victoria...ass clown! Im just saying at the time i dealt with them I was honest, and upfront with funding the project and ended up with a half completed car done to an average standard after about a year and a bit in his workshop. Had enough and took the vehicle back into my posession. The lack of communication on there part (made 100km round trip every month to check progress and called by phone) i found to be very unprofessional. Seemed like the young "technicians" in the workshop ran the show and unless you had a 1600 they had no idea wat was going on. Using garbage bags taped to guards for guard covers, cracking wheel nuts with the car in the air on the hoist not to mention fat f@#k's leaning on the paint checking out the handy work all while I was standing there watching(hate to see when I wasnt there) I mean come on, i work for a nissan dealership and there is no way a competent mechanic would do these things especially if the customer is watching. Had the option of datsport or maddat (big ups to scotty and the crew...bang up job guys!) I should have choosen the latter, better yet do it myself. Have spoken to other customers who werent happy with them and went throught similar things as i did. Im not sure what they are like now but i still choose not to deal with them... I guess money out rules the passion at the end of the day! WHAT A JOKE!!!

810- 79` nanspec
C110- awaiting resto<gtr spec>
Kb10- laid up

previous rides
610- started this gangsta s#@t
610- organ donour
910- s2 trx auto hauler
510- loud, low... still kickn myself!
510- RIP

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2012 4:42 pm 

fatdat810 wrote:
No disrespect meant. I know Baz fabricates and produces high quality components for Datsuns due to his knowledge and experience. But what would you know... your from Victoria...ass clown! Im just saying at the time I dealt with them I was honest, and upfront with funding the project and ended up with a half completed car done to an average standard after about a year and a bit in his workshop. Had enough and took the vehicle back into my posession. The lack of communication on there part (made 100km round trip every month to check progress and called by phone) I found to be very unprofessional. Seemed like the young "technicians" in the workshop ran the show and unless you had a 1600 they had no idea wat was going on. Using garbage bags taped to guards for guard covers, cracking wheel nuts with the car in the air on the hoist not to mention fat f@#k's leaning on the paint checking out the handy work all while I was standing there watching(hate to see when I wasnt there) I mean come on, I work for a nissan dealership and there is no way a competent mechanic would do these things especially if the customer is watching. Had the option of datsport or maddat (big ups to scotty and the crew...bang up job guys!) I should have choosen the latter, better yet do it myself. Have spoken to other customers who werent happy with them and went throught similar things as I did. Im not sure what they are like now but I still choose not to deal with them... I guess money out rules the passion at the end of the day! WHAT A JOKE!!!
Mate alot of people on this forum love datsport i havent used them so i make no judgement but i know Baz is a great source of info. i wouldnt bother bad mouthing if i was you.

86 ZL Fairlane ZLane
85 Troopy 2H Turbo

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2012 5:54 pm 
Old Digger

:lol:

PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2012 1:43 pm 

KristenJenna wrote:
I was wondering where are some good places to take my 200B to get serviced in Adelaide? Thanks :)
what do you need done? ie what do you expect to get from a service?

if its tyres, oil etc then old school workshop may be what you need.

if its got issues, it may be worty of someone with expertise.