Ozdat Home Feature Cars Ozdat Classifieds Event Calander Links Trade Link Tech Resource Merchandise Donate Web Mail
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 10:59 am

All times are UTC+11:00

Post subject: Re: ANTI HOON POLICY
PostPosted: Sun Oct 05, 2008 11:23 pm 

Quote:
I doubt that many cars have accurate speedo's - not once you change your tyres or rims.
That argument will get shut down everytime because i am pretty sure you are required by law to get yr car engineered once you change something like tyre size... and an engineer aint gonna sign you off until you have yr speedo recalibrated, which is a very simple proccess, especially for older gear driven speedo drives. Just pay the fine.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 12, 2009 10:12 pm 

My 200 seems to be cop bait here in alice. about 3 weeks ago i was driving home from a mates at about 4am. i dont usually drive this early in the morning, but it just happened a big Chelsea vs. Man Utd match was being played. Chelsea lost which annoyed me.. i live out of town and i know about roos. Speed limit is 100, but i sat on about 60, if not lower, as the bumps tend to make the speedo needle bounce... i hit a roo and although it was small i did break half my grill, and unfortunately did not kill the roo, but broke its leg(s). Later in January i drove to the airport to pick up my coach who came back from holidays. as i pulled up, the Feds stopped me and refused to let me go until they checked my rego. i try to look after my cars the best i can, and if they arent clean, i try and make sure that EVERYTHING mechanically is perfect. a couple weeks later i was driving home mid morning and on turning into my road, i just cut the double white lines at the end due to the angle of which the road turn off is. a pursuit car about 3 cars (and 100m - 150m) back followed me then pulled me over. the constable asked me what i did wrong and i explained i was unaware of anything i had done wrong. He RBT'd me once, from which i blew zero, he looked at it dumbfounded and made me blow again to make sure i wasnt bloody drunk or had any alcohol in my system. after i blew zero AGAIN he took my license and gave me an infringement notice. he spent about 5 minutes writing out this notice, which after i got it back noticed it had my name spelt wrong. that is ridiculous, honestly how could a ranking police officer speel a surname wrong with the bloody license in front of them?!?! 2 days later i was pulled over around the corner from where i was previously pulled over from and had another RBT by the same cop. a week after that i was going home from the gym at about 9pm when going down the highway there was only one other car i could see on the double lane highway. it had its high beams on the pr!ck; i was only going about 65 in an 80 zone as there was no rush to get home, and the copper (same pursuit car as the last 2 times) does a U-turn and follows me home. funny thing was i checked the next day, and where he did the U-turn has double white lines.

Now i generally like the job the police do and i respect them for that, in fact im heavily involved with soccer and the cops have their own team, along with a couple on my own team. they are good blokes but it seems there is a couple that like to be pr!cks.

What angers me is that i was at centrelink the other day having turned 18 and wondering about youth allowance, am witness to a troopy carrier with what i counted was 25+ people in it, and i think a dog hopped out too. this situation is rife in alice springs, and the cops do try to sort it out but why a $90 fine for just cutting a double white line, when they could sit outside of centrelink all day long and find about 95% of unroadworthy cars pulling up to claim cheques...

i understand its a matter of principle and a question of where do you draw the line, but a stern talking to would certainly be enough in a situation such as mine.

These younger coppers seem to be much more by the book and take their job seriously which i do like, but in the same respect, the older cops deal with things better, with A LOT less force and are a lot nicer in the way they go about things.

My dad has often been a recovery vehicle driver for a local company here. he met one of our (now ex) neighbours at a station in charge of a country police station on the job. as they moved up near us into town, the two young coppers who took over gave this one drunk indigenous guy a hard time. once they had finished, he drove away and made it 50m before the other pulled him over and again searched the car for anything defective. later on that day the cops nearly died while in their office cause the same guy they gave a hard time to earlier in on the day got on the piss and drove his car straight through their new police station, not only wrecking the place, but their new pursuit vehicle. this would never have happened if the RIGHT words were used, and a kinder word were used instead of brandishing the law as they did.

More recently there was two coppers up in katherine who made an old drunken indigenous man sing happy birthday and dance and sing to that "Rivers of babylon" song. i saw the video before it was taken off youtube and although it was an abuse of power, i did see the funny side.

even more recently i was out of town at the clay pans. this is a place where people come to muck around, whether it be driving cars or riding moties, its generally a fun and safe place. I DISAGREE with hooning, which is why i go out there to muck around and practise my driving and things i would dare do on the road- away from other people as well. me and a mate saw a paddy wagon coming so we bolted in my 200, in which we then went through a nice deep puddle and had lost sight of most of the tyres. as we were walking away the cops pulled up and asked what the dust they saw from the road was about. i apologised, said it was us just coming to muck around, they said sorry for not having anything to tow us out with, we had a quick chat, they even laughed at our situation, jumped back in their wagon, did a couple doughies then took off. obviously not the best thing to do, but they were nice about it and it definitely was my week's highlight.

Im 18, and have had my license for over 2 years now. been on my opens almost a year, along with other licenses such as motorbike and learners for MR's/ we have different rules here, which are slowly being brought into line with other states.

I AGREE with DAZDA, in saying i thought i was a good driver. we have a local rally club and even though i havent raced yet, i know ive no skill compared to some of them, but i do have the common sense to do it off the road; it does seem however that young male drivers, driving by themselves seem to be targeted here and from what ive heard, elsewhere too.

i have a few more things to say but i think this is long enough as it is! thats my whinge for today :D

If it's not broke, don't fix it.. Upgrade it!!!

PostPosted: Fri Feb 13, 2009 7:44 am 

That's just like my home town from i moved away from when i was 18. Everytime ive returned there in the past 10 years i have been pulled over, had my car searched and bretho'd. One visit saw me pulled over 3 times in two days for "random" licence/bretho checks. I think it is rediculous that in this small town there are about 30 coppers. Its clear to me that they have nothing better to do and that the government is wasting money on these dickheads. In the big smoke (melbourne) i have never been pulled over in 10 years.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 13, 2010 1:36 am 

heres one for yah ever had your car defected for being to dirty and having a chainsaw in the back ?
i live in the country i drive on dirt roads 80% of the time its winter lots of mud , and stupid city bike cops do me for dirty car and chainsaw with in arms reach of the drivers seat , i had just been out cutting wood for our fire , and to top it off dose me for a sports wheel wich is a aproved steering wheel go figure? and i had the paper work to prove so , his comment to that was no!!! after market steering wheel is allowed on any car???
so yeh iam kinda loosing respect for the boys in blue!!!!!! and its only going to get worse give them time :thumbsup:

PostPosted: Fri Aug 13, 2010 9:08 am 

Technically you can't have a 'sports wheel' in your car because it replaces the 'padded' steering wheel that was specified by factory. If you car was engineered with the wheel in place, then you should be ok.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 13, 2010 10:01 am 

can't you just get the permit for it? as a modification? but seriously, i get spook's point. tax payers money going to good use right there. picking up cars with illegal steering wheels. well done.

let's ignore the 5 to 10 cars a day i see running red lights on the way to and from work. that's alright, everybody does it. or the well respected parents in the SUV's riding people's bumpers because their car is bigger. pfft
best to focus on the hoons in their modified cars. that's what makes good current affairs and news programs.

i shouldn't have just wound myself up, off to work i go, back in to the belly of the beast, peak hour traffic. woooosaaaaaaaa

PostPosted: Fri Aug 13, 2010 10:26 am 

Myaz wrote:
What angers me is that I was at centrelink the other day having turned 18 and wondering about youth allowance, am witness to a troopy carrier with what I counted was 25+ people in it, and I think a dog hopped out too. this situation is rife in alice springs, and the cops do try to sort it out but why a $90 fine for just cutting a double white line, when they could sit outside of centrelink all day long and find about 95% of unroadworthy cars pulling up to claim cheques...
What happens when an honest, self respecting person like yourself gets a trivial fine? You pay it. What happens when one of these low socio-economic people with little self respect get fined? Nothing, they don't pay. Some won't, some can't.

Policing is a business. Long gone are the days of police being about safety and public order. They are there to make money.

I don't blame individual cops as with the pressure of quotas, promotions, bosses, peers etc they have little choice in what they do. There will always be a minority who enjoy being @#&*s though. The job itself does tend to attract a higher than average proportion of a certain type of person. I'm sure most police wish there job could be used to actually make the streets and our homes safer places though.

Police do still help make our roads safer but the overwhelming majority of what they do is about money.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 13, 2010 11:02 am 

A few years ago I was at powercruise QLD. After a lot of the competitors had taken their cars off their trailers and trucks they took them to the pit area on QLD raceway for scrutineering as had been the case in previous years. Most of the marshalls and staff were confused and didn't know where scrutineering was this year until it was finally discovered it was being held at the Willowbank drag strip. Why I will never know.

Now powercruise attracts competitors from far and wide not just locals, with many coming from interstate. Willowbank raceway (drags) and QLD raceway (track) are side by side on a road that virtually goes nowhere else. It would be easy to assume it is a private road and being part of the motorsport complex. It is however a public road and these 2 places are seperate.

A lot of competitors assumed they could drive their unregistered and unroadworthy race/drift/show cars a couple hundred meters down the road to scrutineering. Some were told by staff to drive down even though they were obviously driving race cars.

Who do you think were setup in advance out front of Willowbank raceway just waiting this very thing.

At no point was there any safety risk and it was obvious that it was an honest mistake on the competitors part. The police still handed out tickets and gave no warnings. It appeared as though they were set up and anticipating this very thing happening. This was obviously an error on the part of the Powercruise organisers and could easily have been avoided had the police simply set up out front of QLD raceway and told people they needed to trailer their cars to scrutineering.

I'm a local and knew this was a public road so I road took my car down by truck, but I saw countless people getting tickets, mostly from interstate. If police want respect they need to give as much as the expect to receive.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 13, 2010 1:30 pm 

I completely agree. They need to make friends in the community, not get peoples noses out of joint.

I agree with what was said earlier about Mr and Mrs Smith who end up paying the speeding fine etc. It's the low life scum that don't have a registered car who then drink and drive, speed, get caught and don't pay the fine. We get punished for their indiscretions.

The problem is... We the law abiding community don't stand up for our rights. We don't vent our frustrations enough to the newspapers on a grand scale. Modified car owners collectively (whether they are driving a commodore with a blown big block, all the way down to a Datsun with an L18 and fuel injection) need to unite against the persecution against their sport/interest, and voice their opinion and have it answered by the politicians/law makers. Enough is enough. I don't want to pay more than $600 for registration. It wont be long before it's $700. In addition, i'm sick and tired of getting fined doing 74 in a 70 zone. It's just ridiculous.

A guy doing a burnout in a registered car, with a full license, with no past history other than a few speeding fines should not be strung up by his/her balls. It's the guys that have a non registered car, who are non licensed, drink driving etc., that should face the full face of the law.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 13, 2010 2:47 pm 

The local police lent us a car last weekend.........

[ img ][ img ][ img ][ img ]

video - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eAb_BKGPsu8

PostPosted: Fri Aug 13, 2010 3:10 pm 

I like your website's "flavour" Datto-510.

Make track days accessible for everyone to have fun.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 12, 2010 3:11 pm 

i don't see a problem with the images just make sure there at comps, events or on private property!!!!!!!!!!! don't stop showing the images though thats a bit rough if they are not images or clips on the street

PostPosted: Thu Jan 20, 2011 10:13 pm 

something like this? :))

(sorry haven't edited, could be a lot more watcher friendly)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aE4W6H2NcEk

PostPosted: Fri Jan 21, 2011 7:44 pm 
Old Digger

Good vid Cam. Bugger about the gearbox in the other vid :(

PostPosted: Wed Jan 26, 2011 1:55 am 

MYDATO wrote:
Good vid Cam. Bugger about the gearbox in the other vid :(
Im over feeling sorry for myself mate :thumbsup: