Ozdat Home Feature Cars Ozdat Classifieds Event Calander Links Trade Link Tech Resource Merchandise Donate Web Mail
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 10:33 am

All times are UTC+11:00

PostPosted: Wed Jan 15, 2014 2:02 pm 

Hey guys my name is tobias im from Brisbane qld im new to ozdat joined the forum as I am looking to build my first car I have got my hands on a 180B pretty original condition it is in primer atm looking at doing few things
things I wanna do is up grade the brakes to disc and as well as a lsd diff and then look at suspension
the biggest thing I want to achieve is a engine swap
I want to do a SR20de twin weber set up think its something different
I have already been asking round and I love the response from the people on here awesome forum
I have owned some great cars
89 r31 gxe (first car ) rb30e
93 s13 250hp atw Sr20det
92 r32 4 door 280hp atw rb20det
95 r33 4 door 300hp atw rb25det
91 Toyota soarer (drift pig) 1jztt

PostPosted: Wed Feb 26, 2014 7:19 pm 

Hi All,

I'd like to introduce my new baby..... '77 200b Wagon, In complete original trim, right down to the cassette player, minimal rust, average paint :D .
This is my second 200b. My first road legal car was a '78 200b sedan that i promptly pranged and blew up... It cost me $700 to buy and got my license in it.
Long story short, after 15yrs i have decided that i needed a project to work on, and what better one than to get back to something i loved as a kid.

I have some lovely plans for the old girl being a weekend cruiser/Quarter mile hero on the odd week (Sportsman Wednesday at Kwinana), unfortunately my wife doesn't share these plans. Soooo... the build will be a long drawn out build, First step is already taken care of... Made room in the garage (Check).

Starting from the top the list goes...
1 Touch up the body work, and remove the small rust spots in the bottom of the doors.
2 Diff. R31 if i can get one.... and without weighing into the Diff debate im open to easier options.
3 Brakes/suspension (Haven't really decided yet, was thinking R31 brakes on 200b struts.)
4 SR20det conversion. This will be my first engine conversion, so kind of winging it for the most part..... I would love to hear from anyone that has done this before (Hints & Tips)
5 Fuel pickup. VL dunnydore (from what i read)
4 See what she will do down the local quarter....

I would love any help and info from others that have been here before, and look forward to chatting to you all.

Cheers
Thatoldat.

Some Pics....
Attachment:
[ attachment ]
IMG_0747[1].jpg [ 1.35 MiB | Viewed 5397 times ]

Attachments:
[ attachment ]
IMG_0759[1].jpg [ 1.62 MiB | Viewed 5397 times ]
[ attachment ]
IMG_0749[1].jpg [ 1.05 MiB | Viewed 5397 times ]

PostPosted: Wed Feb 26, 2014 7:24 pm 
Donating Member
Donating Member

Cool project thatoldat. Welcome to the forum!

PostPosted: Wed Mar 26, 2014 8:38 pm 

I'm baaaaaack...

Hi all. Some of you may remember me, most probably won't.

Long time Ozdat member who disappeared for a few years. Haven't replaced my 180 which some twat rear ended a few years ago yet, but am looking.

Currently diving a 99 c34 Stagea rs4s which is a bit of fun.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2014 10:30 am 

Hi, I am Rob from Brisbane. Just found Ozdat and it is a good source of info for me. We have 2 B310 Sunnys at the moment. One is a Coupe with fairly standard A15 and 4 speed. We restored this car for my son over a period of 4 years, going back to metal for the paint and rust repair. The other is a new addition . A sedan with a Z18 et engine and 5 speed transmission. A Stanza Borg Warner diff has also been fitted. Overall it is a good fit with no real destruction to the rest of the car. We purchased it without an exhaust system but otherwise running well. Will need a fair bit to get it to a registerable state but it should be a fun car for my son i hope. I will attach some photos when i work out how to.

Attachments:
[ attachment ]
SeptOct07 002.jpg [ 1.55 MiB | Viewed 5340 times ]
[ attachment ]
japday2013.jpg [ 107.3 KiB | Viewed 5341 times ]

PostPosted: Wed Apr 30, 2014 2:48 pm 

Hey Guys,

Karl here from Christchurch NZ. I have a couple of interesting datsuns.

1. A 220c Diesel Sedan (Q330)
[ img ]

2. A 1962 Datsun Bluebird (P312)
[ img ]

The 220c is my daily driver and the Bluebird is a project, I am probably going to sell the bluebird if anyone needs a super rare early 60's datsun that has minimal rust and is ripe for restoration

PostPosted: Mon May 19, 2014 2:11 pm 
Donating Member
Donating Member

Hey guys
Am 42 year old from Wa . Just bought my first 1600 project . Have always had a like for them and when this one popped up I bought it . It is licensed and used as a daily driver until 8 months ago ( still has original engine ) .It was repainted 7 years ago and has a few minor rust spots ( will post pics later). It looks clean and neat so I am going to leave the body and do it up mechanically first . I want to go old school L18 , twin webers , cam and extractors . I am also wanting to put datsport front end handling kit , strut and brake conversion and rear disc brake conversion . I need to find a decent L18 to start with and a place in Wa willing to do some engine building on it . Are they hard to do yourself ? I am mechanically minded but have never done a motor before . Thanks

PostPosted: Tue Jun 03, 2014 8:55 pm 

hey guys my name is Damien! im 24 years old and from melbourne. ive been using ozdat a bit to source infomation ect and thought id join and show people what i have been building up and maybe meet a few new faces! basicly cut a long story short im chasing a dream to go sports sedan racing! i have my car built and just testing/ club days ect atm hope to get into state level racing by the end of the year! if you havent seen my other posts heres a picture of my car!
cheers
[ img ]

PostPosted: Sun Jun 22, 2014 2:06 am 

Hi all

I'm Ben, from South Africa, a classic car and motorsport fan and new here.

Just bought a Stanza shell, to build a Works rally replica.
Although there are numerous Datsun cars that I like, this will be my first Datsun.
The plan is to enter it in local autocross/gymkhana events, and if it goes well do some regional rallying.

I'm hoping to gain some valuable Datsun knowledge through this forum.

Regards

PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2014 6:38 pm 

Hi folks ! I was on here many moons ago but left when I sold the last 1600 I owned.

I'm Mel, live in Cairns North QLD and have owned 4 Datsun 1600s over the years. Pretty sure I bought the last one off here and sold the last 2 ! Very keen to find another now :)

this forum used to be pumping !! not so much now I guess as we're seeing less and less around :(

These are my previous rides

[ img ]

[ img ]

[ img ]

[ img ]

and this is my husbands which has been sitting the last 11yrs (sr20det transplant which was on the road.. umm til police asked for engineers certificate :P)

[ img ]

PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2014 8:11 pm 

Hi Melfunktion,
Im assuming a bloke named Ben brought the SR powered blue one from you?

Cheers,

PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2014 8:53 pm 

Green510 wrote:
Hi Melfunktion,
Im assuming a bloke named Ben brought the SR powered blue one from you?

Cheers,
I think that was his name ? went south somewhere. Does he still have it ?

PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2014 9:09 pm 

Had sss badges dash etc?

I havent seen / spoken to him in a few years, went on a few cruises with him / that 1600 though.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2014 9:47 pm 

buggar.. was hoping to see how it was going. thought i found it for sale in NT on Gumtree but not so sure. person selling on there took the listing down... must have sold it ! looked a little worse for wear and eng in bits

PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2014 10:17 pm 

His username is "buckle" here,
On his forum sig he has " 1972 p510 sr20" so i assume he still has it.
Bonnet flew open on the trip home, bent the roof abit.