Ozdat Home Feature Cars Ozdat Classifieds Event Calander Links Trade Link Tech Resource Merchandise Donate Web Mail
It is currently Sun Apr 21, 2024 12:07 am

All times are UTC+11:00

PostPosted: Fri Aug 27, 2010 9:07 am 
Donating Member
Donating Member

datsgold wrote:
Yeah mate it was white, all the goodies are in a different shell now but neway, cant remember the blokes name, I do remember he had a pretty sweet white 120y two door, not a coupe!, setup as a curcit racer with a z18 turbo, very sweet ride!!!, he was a honda machanic by trade if that helps, would be good if he is the same bloke, I promised him I would send him photos of it wen I finished it but lost his contacs, still tryin to get photos off my old's computer to post up, hopefully get it done this weekend.
Yeah thats him mate the 120y is mine now :) let me know when you get some photo's and il pass them on to him :D

http://datsun1200.com/modules/newbb/vie ... post494892

PostPosted: Fri Aug 27, 2010 8:33 pm 

Ok mate sweet as, i thought that 120y might of been yours, looks good red, and luv the plates.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 28, 2010 6:40 pm 

hi new to this site,
i have a s13 silvia and a stagea at the moment
but am looking to get another 180bss (ive had 2)
this time to do up and keep(if i can find one, am looking now)
cheers
dave

2002 m35 autech axis
1975 180bsss (soon to have sr20det)
1992 s13 silvia

PostPosted: Mon Aug 30, 2010 5:34 pm 

Hi guys i will put this in the right place this time lol, i do not know where my intro post went so i will do another.

My name is Aaron and this is my 1st datto (actually it is only my second car) it is an 85 S3 BB with a CA20E transplanted in it and (yuck) 3 speed auto, but when i can afford it something a little better with sexier legs will be going in it, johnnoEH said you guys were pretty accepting of other marques so here i am, my dad and i are going to be using this bluey as our project but it is also my daily so there will be nothing over the top happening too quickly, Dad says he might join up here as well even though he does not directly own a datto he says you guys seem to be a good bunch of like minded guys, he might wait a little while before he does though because he got burnt on another forum.

anyway heres a couple of pics of my ride hope to see you all around the forum

[ img ]

[ img ]

[ img ]

[ img ]

this is the sort of thing my dad used to build, these are not his because all his pics got destroyed but yuz get the idea

[ img ]

[ img ]

[ img ]

PostPosted: Thu Sep 09, 2010 9:14 am 

Hi all, My name is Ron i am azzdat64's old man, yep that's right i do exist ROFL, i don't currently own a Datto but will be helping Aaron build his up when he has the money, so i will be haunting this forum looking for some good info from the guys that have been there done that.
I have been waiting to join up here until i saw what sort of reception the young bloke got here, thank you to you guys for accepting him here even though he asks a few silly questions sometimes.
I was very dissapointed in the way we were treated at abb, was a bit like if you did not belong to their clique you were just a peice of newbie crap.

IF IT'S FOOKED FIX IT, IF IT AIN'T MAKE IT FASTER

PostPosted: Sun Sep 12, 2010 3:14 pm 

Hi guys and gals im Tavis from Townsville in north QLD i have a 1972 Datsun 1600 with an L16 4speed in it it has a few things done and many more to come digital dash ect.....

Attachments:
[ attachment ]
IMG_0544.JPG [ 118.12 KiB | Viewed 4492 times ]

Last edited by Tavis on Tue Oct 12, 2010 11:13 am, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2010 8:59 pm 

hey everyone
my names josh im from adelaide just bought a 120y sedan came with an a14 with webers hoping to clean it up and make it all nice n driveable then maybe one day put a sr20 in it

PostPosted: Fri Sep 17, 2010 3:54 pm 

G'day all! Newby here. I live in High Wycombe, Perth and recently got myself a rough 1600 wagon for a project: :D :D

[ img ]

[ img ]

I've mostly been into 4WD's up until now, mainly Patrols (still moderate on patrol4x4wa.com and still have my shorty), also had an R34 turbo 4-door for a while, but the missus is now happy with her '04 Maxima. I've been wanting a good Datto for as long as long as I've had my license! I was looking for 1200 ute or sedan, or ideally a 1600 sedan, but when this wagon came up, I figured they are getting kinda rare now, so it might end up being something quite interesting.
I'm just looking at doing a clean & straight restoration job on the 1600, riding low, with some old-school jap 14's or 15's. Nothing extreme. I'm picking up a very tidy Bluey wagon off a mate (FREE!!) this weekend which is going to donate it's L20B, front seats (?) and front struts (?) for the good cause. Need to find a good dogleg 5-speed (or maybe a 4-speed??) too as the Bluey has got a slush-box in a hundred peices sitting in the back. Or does anyone know who would be good to rebuild my current dogleg 5-speed and how much I could expect to pay?? It crunches badly into every gear!! :(
So far I've just been busy stripping the wagon, getting it ready for a fair bit of body work that it needs, then I'll be looking at paint. Probably just go with a classic sorta off-white colour I think.....?
Anyway, once things start moving along, I'll start up a proper build thread for it.

PS: sorry about the long-winded intro post! :wink:

PostPosted: Sat Sep 25, 2010 3:04 pm 

Hi all
New to the place and yeah thought id do the right thing and put my stuff up
Im a Washed Up Drifter LOL that was living in Melb for a bit, come back home to good old SA
Had a R32 with a rb25det and all the other fruit
Just baught a S2 bluebird wagon for some fun and a run about plan to have some goodies on it soon enough, up for a cruise and a slide when the beast is up to par

PostPosted: Sun Sep 26, 2010 9:46 pm 

Hi all.
I,m Brent
Just signed up today. Seems like a nice community of online Datsun owners and fans you have here.
Anyways. I have had a 1980 Datsun Stanza GX for a few years as my paddock bomb. I's had a bit of a hard life for the last year or 2. Due to a Recent extreme ant invasion, i have now stripped out all the seats and carpet to get rid of the nests. Now i have decided that i might give the car a bit of a fix up and restore it while i have it semi pulled apart. I may need a bit of help and some opinions on how i should go about this but ill get to that at a later date. Im pretty sure its got a stock motor (L16) and carby, also has a 4 on the floor manual box. Heres a few pics.

[ img ]

[ img ]

[ img ]

[ img ]

Thanks.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 26, 2010 10:03 pm 

Welcome to the forum :) nice stanza are you looking to restore it for the road?

1982 Datsun Stanza GX
1966 Nissan Cedric Custom Six
1972 Volkswagen Beetle
1974 Toyota Landcruiser Stallion (SWB)
EziAutoParts

PostPosted: Sun Sep 26, 2010 10:12 pm 

Yeah plan is to get it on the road. I'm in the research stage at the moment :). but when i finish my uni course and get a job next year ill be able to start putting some money into it. there is a bit of rust in the usual spots and the engine may need to be looked at. what am i in for ? ( ie how bad can some of these projects go :) ) (ill move any further conversations to a new thread in the rightful place now rather than hijacking this one)

PostPosted: Mon Sep 27, 2010 1:05 pm 

Loving the can of insect repelant. How did it get ant colonies living in it?

78 ZH Fairlane 500 Bluesmobile
86 ZL Fairlane ZLane
78 ZH Fairlane 500 Barn find
85 Troopy 2H Turbo

PostPosted: Mon Sep 27, 2010 2:09 pm 

It was sitting under a tree out in the paddock for around a year. we have had a lot of ants around the property and due to high temps in summer and very wet ground in winter the ants seem to seek better shelter......just happened to be my car....under the carpet seemed to be their favorite home.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 27, 2010 6:21 pm 

ha ha ha may i suggest the use of a rotisserie instead of putting the car on its side lol

IF IT'S FOOKED FIX IT, IF IT AIN'T MAKE IT FASTER