Ozdat Home Feature Cars Ozdat Classifieds Event Calander Links Trade Link Tech Resource Merchandise Donate Web Mail
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:35 pm

All times are UTC+11:00

Post subject: Datsun homer
PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2018 9:28 pm 

Hi all, I have a 1978 Datsun Homer that I love to drive an also use it on weekends for firewood, 5 kms from home today the ( oil CHG ) light come on, me noin nothing assumed it was just a oil change notice but a old mate mechanic told me its a oil pressure light an that shouldn't have drove it any further as I may have cause damage, oil in it is a little dirty, still on full on dipstick, any help would be greatly appreciated as I have no idea

Post subject: Re: Datsun homer
PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2018 11:36 pm 

Ekerle1978 wrote:
Hi all, I have a 1978 Datsun Homer that I love to drive an also use it on weekends for firewood, 5 kms from home today the ( oil CHG ) light come on, me noin nothing assumed it was just a oil change notice but a old mate mechanic told me its a oil pressure light an that shouldn't have drove it any further as I may have cause damage, oil in it is a little dirty, still on full on dipstick, any help would be greatly appreciated as I have no idea
how long you had it for and when was the last oil change? do you know what engine is in her? the 1.6 and 2ltr have massive bearings so prob should be fine but change the oil and see if the light comes on again. Theres prob gunk that causes a blockage somewhere in the oil galleries from time to time, not good for those who neglect oil intervals.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2018 3:47 am 

H20 motor in it, had an oil change about 5000km ago, I'll change oil an see what happens

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2018 3:51 pm 
Donating Member
Donating Member

Ekerle1978 wrote:
( oil CHG ) light
Was it the OIL light or the CHG light ? Not sure what the dash lights look like on a Homer.

OIL is, well, oil.

CHG is electrical issue, not charging, most likely alternator.

1965 SP310 Fairlady
1966 SP311 Fairlady

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2018 11:12 pm 

Its says( oil CHG ) on dash but I changed the oil in it the smorning and the light went out, fingers crossed that was the problem an lights says off