Ozdat Home Feature Cars Ozdat Classifieds Event Calander Links Trade Link Tech Resource Merchandise Donate Web Mail
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 2:43 am

All times are UTC+11:00

Post subject: Spray Painter in Hobart
PostPosted: Thu Feb 10, 2011 11:54 am 

Does anyone know of a good spray painter/body works in Hobart? Preferabbly someone who works out of their own setup, not a big body works business?

Bit of back ground: Have been sitting on the shell of my 180B SSS for far too long and want to get some paint on it so I can start putting it back together. Engine and gearbox are rebuilt and waiting a home. Previously I had organised to have it sprayed at Tilford Body Works, cash in hand, weekend work by one of the spray painters there, however the boss pulled the pin on that, and wanted me to do it on the books. A couple of hundred buck job soon became a $2,500 (quoted) job. I dont have that kind of cash, and wouldnt spend that on paint anyway, as this will for the most part be a track car. Doesnt need to be showroom perfect, just needs a fresh lick of primer (current coat has been sitting for over 6 months), a nice coating of Flamingo Red, and some clear coat. All the materials have been purchased and are ready to go, just need someone with the time and ability, who wants to earn himself some cash.

If the person who applies the paint wants to hang the doors, bonnet, front guards and boot lid as well, hey, go for it

Reply here, or flick me a PM if you know anyone who might be interested.

I will post some pics of the SSS if anyone wants to see what they are getting into.

Cheers,

Douggy.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 02, 2015 9:09 am 

Just saw this, as I'm new here.

Spraytek in Massey street, Glenorchy.

One man operation.