Ozdat Home Feature Cars Ozdat Classifieds Event Calander Links Trade Link Tech Resource Merchandise Donate Web Mail
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 10:56 am

All times are UTC+11:00

PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2011 8:42 pm 

L 18 wade cam extractors elec dizzy 32/36 jetted it down was running much friendlier 1-3 great 3-5 all noise no grunt takes ages to get past three. Idles 55-60 mains 140-140 air correctors 135 170. Plugs are black caked and dry bp5es. Now wont go over 2.5 hesitates to get there. Plugs are gone even with a clean. Dizzy is halfway between adjusters dont own timing light get my license wednesday and i wanna be able to actually drive. My mechanic has three week wait im willing to pay for a cashie if anyones in perth.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2011 11:41 pm 

Jetted it down ??
If you mean leaned it up, you may have uncovered a faulty coil or some other component in the ignition system (faulty lead) as a lean mixture is much harder to ignite than a rich mixture.
Does it spin up fine at idle ?
If it was spark it should mostly be under load and free spinning should be fine.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2011 2:44 am 

Plugs were just really gone making decent power now huge torque not as much pull over three i might chabge to a 135 primary main.ended up changing 140 back to a 125 was stumbling hard what are you liike with webers your close and bet you drink beer? :-P

PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2011 11:48 pm 

I really only know enough to be dangerous. An infrared thermo pointed at the primaries will tell you a bit if you don't have a lamda meter. Though if it won't free rev, I'd still be looking at ignition. Plug chops really don't tell you much with the newer unleaded fuels.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 06, 2011 11:21 pm 

At idle is it running smooth or missing?

My bet would be your ignition sumwhere along the lines.

I duno :p can only be 1 of 2 things in my brain ignition or fuel. Need to hear it running to figure that stuff out. If it was running fine and now isnt it shouldnt be your timing unless sumthings screwed up in ur dizzy advanced or sumthing and stuck on im
Not sure if its possible?

Invest in a timing light :) gud luck

PostPosted: Wed Aug 10, 2011 12:33 am 

Don't bother doing anything else until you get your timing right. Having the wrong timing will kill any acceleration.
Oh, and replace the plugs as well. Makes a world of difference when the spark stays where it should!