Ozdat Home Feature Cars Ozdat Classifieds Event Calander Links Trade Link Tech Resource Merchandise Donate Web Mail
It is currently Wed Apr 24, 2024 6:02 am

All times are UTC+11:00

PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2013 5:29 pm 

skitzone wrote:
dangero wrote:
Hmmm, a T04Z I a hue turbo, If you run one on an RB26DETT usually you won't see fulll boost till 4000rpm, with the l20's volumetric efficancy and capacity I would be suprised if you see full boost before 4800 rpm.

also, T04Z's generally like high levels of boost and can make near on 400rwkw on an rb26 with 18 to 22psi. I would be temped t sell off the turbo if it is genuine and get a much smller frame turbo more suited to lower boost levels and quicker spool/lower power.

a t0620 or 25 G can be had for very litte and will make 200 to 250rwkw and will spool closer to 3,000 rpm on a 2 litre. Untill you have driven a lag monster you won't know how unpleasent it is :)

even cheaper would be a wrx turbo td04l. this will still make anything with an L20 in it stupid fast for the street, spool instantly and you can still wind close to 18 psi into them.

not having a go or anything but just offering my personal experience
This is good yet bad information. You've only ever known about turbo's for fuel injected cars haven't you?

Lol the t4z probably shouldn't be used in this sort of set up any how. You'll be pressed to find a turbo to do this job for you that isn't a t25 NOT G and I've never seen a t25g make anywhere near that much kw...

The reason for this is that being draw through you need a turbo that runs a 360 degree carbon seal and they just stopped producing them in the very early nineties simply because draw through was being thrown in the bin for fuel injection. Your best bet would be to try and find a sigma turbo or an old school garret air research which is what I use. The original t25 off the ca's and fj's still run a carbon seal.

And before you ask no you can not add a carbon seal to a turbo if they weren't originally machined to run them but you need one seeing as the fuels being pulled through the turbo.
just to clarify, I was referring to a TD0620G and a TD0625G both are IHI turbos. both are journal bearing turbos that use a thrust plate and can be used with a carbon seal :) (not a T25 or T25G)

cheers!