Ozdat Home Feature Cars Ozdat Classifieds Event Calander Links Trade Link Tech Resource Merchandise Donate Web Mail
It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 2:49 pm

All times are UTC+11:00

PostPosted: Sat Apr 27, 2013 10:37 am 

Hi,
I recently bought five Datsun heads off eBay as I need one for a series one bluebird I have. They were advertised as l20 heads and I bought them site unseen for $100.
Anyway the heads turned out to be,
X3 w53 closed chamber heads in what seems to be good condition
X1 v91 head with some porting on the inlets and looks to be in the best condition
X1 a87 head , no cam etc and some corrosion on water holes if that's what they are called.

Now I will get to my question, One head is meant to have a mild cam , how can I tell by looking at them which one it is?
Also what are w53 heads off ? And what are the notches in the bottom of the front two inlet ports for?

Any help would be great,
Nick

PostPosted: Sat Apr 27, 2013 4:03 pm 

The w53's are off stanzas, they are very similar to the a87 in std form. I have no idear what the little notches in the inlet ports are, I've often wondered this my self.
With the cam see if there is any numbers stamped in the back face of any of the cams as cam grinders sometimes stamp the grind number there. Short of that maby try the cam out of the v91 head and see If its any different to drive then the current cam?

1971 1600, mild L18, 5 speed

All I want is less to do, more time to do it and higher pay for not getting it done.