Ozdat Home Feature Cars Ozdat Classifieds Event Calander Links Trade Link Tech Resource Merchandise Donate Web Mail
It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 8:54 pm

All times are UTC+11:00

PostPosted: Fri Feb 14, 2014 9:31 pm 

Hello my fellow Datsun lovers, this is my first time posting on this site although I've read through the forums seeking advice many a times. I've previously owned a sunny and 200b which I got cheap and had awesome times rallying them. I now have a stanza as my daily driver and have started spending a couple of dollars fixing it up (nothing to extreme). So I was wondering how 17 inch rims would sit with stock suspension and what width and offset would I be able to run? Would I be best just trying to work it out with a ruler? Also I have got a stumpy 5 speed box to swap with the 4 speed but I need a different x member. Will a SSS x member fix my problem or is there anywhere that makes the conversion? I would have a go myself but I don't have a welder (or know how to weld). Any ideas will be much appreciated. Thanks.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 15, 2014 11:38 pm 

I had the same issue, but didn't realise til the time came to bolt it all up. I believe a SSS x member solves your problems but I welded mine!
Have since found a SSS one but haven't swapped them yet lol

PostPosted: Sun Feb 16, 2014 2:38 pm 

Ok cheers, I'll start trying to find a SSS one.