Ozdat Home Feature Cars Ozdat Classifieds Event Calander Links Trade Link Tech Resource Merchandise Donate Web Mail
It is currently Thu Apr 25, 2024 8:24 am

All times are UTC+11:00

Post subject: Tail Lights
PostPosted: Thu Mar 20, 2014 4:35 pm 

Hi Guys,

I am looking to purchase a set of DATSUN NISSAN BLUEBIRD 510 1600 SSS TAIL LIGHT from the following website, has anyone purchase from these guys before if so what is the qaulity like?

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/DATSUN-NISSA ... 20e1b6a659

i have a 1969 Datsun 1600 and i beleive they have a different amount of bolts (69 has 6bolts where as the later model has 8 bolts).
In terms of making them fit is it just a mater of drilling new/ more holes?

Cheers Guys

Post subject: Re: Tail Lights
PostPosted: Thu Mar 20, 2014 5:56 pm 
Donating Member
Donating Member

Only some of the very early 69's got those 6bolt taillights. They are generally regarded as 68 model only taillights although there has been a few 'crossover model' 69's that seem to have got them also probably because they were using up old stock into the next model run etc.

Tip: You can tell a 68 model easily as its wipers are the only ones that point towards each other. 69 onwards point the same way.

Your early 6 bolt 68 taillights are physically shorter so if you want to fit the later taillights you posted in the link you will have to open up the taillight panel holes to fit them aswell as drill new mounting stud holes.
A neater idea would be to fit a later 69-72 taillight panel to suit these late model lights if yours isnt in the best shape.
The same company is selling these aswell i believe...