Ozdat Home Feature Cars Ozdat Classifieds Event Calander Links Trade Link Tech Resource Merchandise Donate Web Mail
It is currently Fri Apr 26, 2024 7:33 am

All times are UTC+11:00

PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2005 10:37 am 

Guys

I recently bought a pair of wheel bearings on e-bay for a 1600. 1 front, one rear (pictured below). Now without explaining why I would want to do that cause I will never use the front one, and I would obviously change the bearings on both back wheels at the same time, can someone categorically tell me what should be in a rear wheel bearing kit...... this one QH2846 has only one bearing and a couple of seals... I would have expected both an inner and outer bearing. I have never taken a rear hub apart before but the manual obviously shows two bearings in there. When the stuff arrived the packets were open and the seller tells me he opened them himself, so before I talk to him further I just want to know what the go is....

Thanks, Neil.

Attachments:
[ attachment ]
bearings.gif [ 26.13 KiB | Viewed 1287 times ]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2005 6:50 pm 
Guru

This is what comes in a kit
2 bearings
axle seal
outer spacer ring.

Note the lock nut is not normally part of a kit.
is with ours tho :wink:

Attachments:
[ attachment ]
Rwbrgkit300.jpeg [ 7.67 KiB | Viewed 1270 times ]

"R.I.P. Baz. 29 April 2022. Thank you for all your contributions to the Datsun community over the years. You will be missed." - OZDAT

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2005 7:32 pm 

Thanks Baz.....As I suspected.... thats the risk of buying stuff off e-bay I guess..... :roll:

Cheers, Neil.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2005 9:13 am 

Most of the time you only replace one bearing (Well at least I did.) Obviously this bloke decided to flog it off on ebay.

I'd be making sure he gets a bad rating, unless he stated it was an incomplete kit

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2005 11:42 am 

Quote:
Most of the time you only replace one bearing (Well at least I did.)
Your a braver man than I, then Mad1600, when I take those hubs apart, I'm replacing everything replaceable :D :D Don't want to have to do it again 6 mths later....

Actually, :lol: I had a 'chat' with him on the internet last night .... seems like a genuine mistake and a decent bloke .... he's giving me a bit of a refund and I'm keeping the bearings ....... anyone want a set for a 1600 strut? don't think I'll be using them....

I've already given him decent feedback, maybe should have waited for the money tho....

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2005 12:03 pm 

Neil wrote:
Your a braver man than I, then Mad1600, when I take those hubs apart, I'm replacing everything replaceable :D :D Don't want to have to do it again 6 mths later....
Thats true, I will be taking that to the mechanic next time. Absoulute bugger of a job, and its a job which I am more than happy to pay someone else to do!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2005 12:40 pm 
THIS ONCE HAPPENED TO ME WITH AN UNOPENED BOX. TOOK IT BACK TO THE SHOP AND HE AGREED THAT IT WAS CRAP AS IT SHOULD REPLACE BOTH BRGS. HE RANG HIS SUPPLIER AND LET HIM KNOW WHAT HE THOUGHT, EVENTUALLY THE STORE OWNER GAVE ME TWO MORE BEARINGS AND TOOK THE DISPUTE UP WITH HIS SUPPLIER!