Ozdat Home Feature Cars Ozdat Classifieds Event Calander Links Trade Link Tech Resource Merchandise Donate Web Mail
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 7:24 pm

All times are UTC+11:00

PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2005 10:18 pm 

geez not another intercooler question from the new guy. :oops:
after buying a rsliberty water-to-air cooler i now know that it would take alot of bucks to get it fitted. so i am wondering if it is possible to cut up intercoolers and get the end tanks welded up. i would think that it can be done as they are weld in the first place.

since these huge monster super huge coolers go for like a few hundred bucks at most places and the premade small coolers are very dear. i am think that i will get a big one and chop it up.

600x300x76 big cooler.....i could chop it in half and have a square cooler.it would then fit nice in the rad hole.

graham

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 10, 2005 11:50 am 

G'day Graham,

What car are you putting a cooler into????

I bought a hybrid copy intercooler off e-bay a week ago, arrived in perfect nic in 2 days.

It's going into my 1600 and got the 450x300x76 version for the pricy sum of $280......+ $25 shipping.

These seem to be the popular option for 1600's and I'm sure they would be even easier to fit to a 180b / 200b etc.

IF your dubious about ebay check out www.modyourcar.com.au they have 3 different sizes and prices are still very good (under $400 delivered). I got the middle size so you can go down one further

The design of the hybrid is very good, with nice cast end tanks, alot of people swear by them and can't be beaten in bang for bucks

Cheers

Swanny

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 10, 2005 12:17 pm 

Check out the group buy on ausrotary

http://ausrotary.dntinternet.com/forums ... hp?t=61655

$300 delivered for 450x 300x 76mm

you pay need to be logged in to veiw it so I'll paste it here:

brand new 600x300x76mm Bar and plate intercoolers with polished end tanks. These also have fittings for mounting brackets on the top and bottom plates.

These will support about 850 Hp with minimal pressure and flow drop.

We can also supply the 450x 300x 76mm intercooler for the same price. This is better suited for cars making under 500 hp. If you require this please let us know when ordering.

Items will be delivered in about 30 days from now.

We are limiting this to 10 places only and this particular GB will have a cut off no later then the 16/3/05

$285

Shipping is $15 each to Bris, Syd, Melb, SA metro areas. All other areas prices range from $25 on. Email me omega3@tpg.com.au for a definitive quote. Dont PM as it is too slow!