Ozdat Home Feature Cars Ozdat Classifieds Event Calander Links Trade Link Tech Resource Merchandise Donate Web Mail
It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 7:09 am

All times are UTC+11:00

PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2003 12:21 pm 
would a head from a maxima l24e work on a 83 280zx l28e
and whats the differences?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2003 1:54 pm 
I'm guessing your from the US as we in Oz never got a Maxima model that used the L24E. But R30 Skylines sold here had the L24E engine, and the head on those engines used a 'closed chamber' version of the E88 head. This head will bolt straight onto an L28 block, BUT the CR will be bumped to around 9.5:1 or even higher depending on the pistons you use. So good for performance, but you'd need to be careful to use premium grade fuel. A small down side of this head is that it uses the 'small' 42mm inlet valve, but this is easily changed to the 44mm L28 type.

Note that all of the above applies only to Oz spec L24E engines/heads. The US got some heads that we never saw, so the end result may be totally different......

Post subject: n47 vs p79
PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2003 3:17 pm 
just found out the L24E head is a n47
and the L28E is a p79 head

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2003 11:49 am 
Been around L series 6's for a long time and never seen an N47 head in Oz (but doesn't mean they aren't around). The P79 is definately a US model spec head and I think has round ex ports, possibly with inserts (??). I'd say you'd be best asking on one of the American Z sites about this.