Ozdat Home Feature Cars Ozdat Classifieds Event Calander Links Trade Link Tech Resource Merchandise Donate Web Mail
It is currently Fri Apr 26, 2024 7:50 am

All times are UTC+11:00

PostPosted: Sun Aug 29, 2004 3:53 pm 

Hey,
Im getting a new exhuast for my 1600 soon (L16, 2inch, 4 inch muffler, droopy tip) Do you think its worth getting a resenator when i buy it? Ive heard they can make a good change to the sound for the better?
Thanks

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 29, 2004 5:28 pm 

yeh they do change the sound a fair bit...

it depends what sound you want though...

in my experience a big resonator gives a deeper throatier sort of sound and without one you are more likely to get a tinny higher pitched sound like a tin can of bee's....

also depends on the muffler you use....

you say it's a 4 inch muffler?

i have one of those stainless steel turbo cannon's with 2.5 inlet and 4 inch outlet on the end of a 2.5 inch sports system with a 3 inch resonator and its a deep smooth sound.......

hope that helps

blayne

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 29, 2004 7:47 pm 

Aww, don't say that, i got mine cut out when i put the extractors on, didn't really notice much difference but lol. Need to upgrade the exhuast, i wanna go to 2 1/2 inch but i need engine work to push those kinda amounts of gas out first.

Recommended Traders: Datsport

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 30, 2004 1:54 pm 

2in with what carbs?
If you have a weber DGV 2in is more than enough. I say hell with the resonater and just get a Turbo type muffler(stock looking). 4 in out the back is a little big esp when people know theres a L16 in it. Get a stock looking performance muffler. Theres the straight thru type and the 2 - 3core ttypes.

If you want it to sound good best to get Weber DCOEs or Mikunis, cause a Weber DGV is going to get that aynoying Resonance

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 30, 2004 7:47 pm 

It has a 4 inch outlet not 4 inch muffler sorry. The carbs are SU's. I'm not really fussed on what the muffler looks like, just what will produce the best sound really. Thanks guys, Mike.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 31, 2004 12:40 am 

personally the 4 in out let is just to big and the radius will be bigger . So you wont mount it in the stock location just right and will have to lower it abit to make it work then it look half ass abit(in my opionion).
Wheither its 2 in or 4 in its not going to sound much different.

Its going to be the intake that makes your exhaust not. I can tell a stock motor Honda with big muffler and one that has a real motor behind it EZ.