Ozdat Home Feature Cars Ozdat Classifieds Event Calander Links Trade Link Tech Resource Merchandise Donate Web Mail
It is currently Fri Apr 26, 2024 10:58 am

All times are UTC+11:00

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2005 4:26 pm 

Luke,
Sorry mate, replied before my morning coffee had kicked in.
I am pretty sure it is overly advanced but I am running a standard cam wheel at the moment so a vernier one should allow me the adjustability I need. Hopefully get a bit more power out of it too.
Looks like the specs are a bit different. I wonder how many different Works 76 cams there are from different manufacturers. I need to brush up on my cam specs as well. Will have a better look after work tonight.

Datsss73,
I am running Hepolite flat tops in my L20. Unfortuneately they are no longer made. The 76 works fine with this set up but a high lift 76 or anything bigger will cause valves to hit pistons. I run 280zx valves.
The ) shape cut out in the top of your forgies are/should be flycuts which are machined in to allow big lift cams without pistons hitting valves. They are pretty common on high compression engines. If I have to lift my head I will be fly cuttting my pistons so I can go to a bigger cam.

Jake

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2005 5:00 pm 

turbo510,

Na'h dude they are definately not flycuts. I could see that the metal had been compressed not cut and 2 pistons are worse than the others.
I know what you are on about but this is not the case with these pistons.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2005 7:03 pm 

Thats cool jake, i would be interested to see how many 76 works cams there are aswell. I find it interesting that a grind that is "factory" spec can vary between cam manufactures.