Ozdat Home Feature Cars Ozdat Classifieds Event Calander Links Trade Link Tech Resource Merchandise Donate Web Mail
It is currently Fri Apr 26, 2024 8:59 am

All times are UTC+11:00

PostPosted: Sun Jun 19, 2005 9:43 am 

The swap over seems quite simple. :) BUT you have to block off the EGR from the standard manifold, or get extractors. I have opted for the standard manifold with all the polution s#!t removed! Just hacked off the "stainless swirly thingy" and heated it up with oxy, crushed it flat. The heated intake was also a problem standard the pipe is 3/4" and connects to the middle of the manifold, SSS has a 1" pipe hanging off the side so I removed the original and replaced it with a 3/4" barb and hacked off the pipe near the thermostat housing and ran heater hose to it. The EGR valve was turned down to accept 5/16'' hose which runs to the vaccuum line in middle of SSS manifold. I took the carbs off manifold and bolted manifold and extractors to the head, without any trouble at all (used air rachet). Another problem was I had to extend the on dash vaccuum gauge line to fit new manifold. The biggest problem however is the location of the accelorater bracketing to the firewall. It is an inch too close to the passenger side. It requires removal and the precise measurement and drilling of the firewall to refit. And Bob's my father!