Ozdat Home Feature Cars Ozdat Classifieds Event Calander Links Trade Link Tech Resource Merchandise Donate Web Mail
It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 2:55 pm

All times are UTC+11:00

Post subject: Weber promblems
PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2005 9:57 pm 

Hi all
i just got my new engine in and one of the webers is fluttering and spluttering and leaking petrol straight onto the exhaust :shock: im guessing its pretty screwed!does anyone know what is actually causing this?and what needs to be done?should i get it rekited?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2005 3:19 am 

i had the same trouble with mine they just leak out of the gaskit round the bottom plate, if your float level isn't set correctly it can also cause it. I asume its a DCOE type, a re-kit should do the trick and just make sure the screws are present and in firm, as for the fluttering if its only the 1 it could be anything but just set your float levels then blow out your jets and make sure the vacume is the same between them ie. one might be opening up half throttle where as the other 1 is opening up almost full and they miss and spit back, mine only did this under full load though, otherwise it just ran really rough threwout the rev range b4 it was tuned.