Ozdat Home Feature Cars Ozdat Classifieds Event Calander Links Trade Link Tech Resource Merchandise Donate Web Mail
It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 9:03 pm

All times are UTC+11:00

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 05, 2005 10:50 pm 
Site Admin

Lurch wrote:
We (us Mods that is) just get a bit sick of answering the same questions every 3-4 months or so...
And believe me, there is more work for me to do on this site, then any newbie has any right to comment on.

So please, be a bit more tolerant & do the right thing :wink:
Datostanza, please understand that this 'forum' is a 'information resource' - the whole site in fact. Also, the search function at the top of the page is just that - to be used for searching for the information you?re looking for. Now I do realize that there is a SH*TLOAD of information to trawl through just to find what you want, BUT whist going through all that info (And 9/10 times you WILL find what you want) you might also learn something new.
You must also realize that having to read the same question over & over again is BLOODY ANNOYING!
I do not mean, in any way, to have a go at a newbie, but I must draw the line somewhere. I also believe some of the other Mods feel the same way.

Now I have bad days just like you, but my job is to keep a lid on my emoticons to do this role correctly - something that I think I may not have been doing lately... :oops: :(

If ANYBODY has any issues with this, then please PM me privately.
(Or I could start a 'Throw sh*t at Lurch thread' :?: ).

And lastly, my apologies to you Datostanza for having a go at you (and anybody else recently). There is simply no excuse...

Calm Blue Ocean... Calm Blue Ocean...

http://www.lescollinsracing.com/

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 05, 2005 11:02 pm 

maybe a post on how to search might help??

i know its easy for some of us that know how to do it.... clicking the search all items and stuff....

Anyway I think we should be easier on the new members. If they have genuinely tried to search and still cant find it, cant we just point them in the right direction?

I'm sure some people have given up on our forum just because of the initial reception we give them.

I say, if people dont like doing a search to help a newbie.... why post? wait until someone else comes along to help em.

I know 1st hand the most annoying thing that happens is you join a forum do the wrong search or search the wrong keyword, then get shutdown for not searching or get "we cover that every 2 months". No one used to complain on the mailing list, we just pointed the people in the right direction, I think we should be doing the same here.

Just my 2cents

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 05, 2005 11:13 pm 

Lurch wrote:
We (us Mods that is) just get a bit sick of answering the same questions every 3-4 months or so...
And believe me, there is more work for me to do on this site, then any newbie has any right to comment on.

So please, be a bit more tolerant & do the right thing :wink:
Lurch,

You don't have to answer every thread that comes up, so there is no need to 'get sick of answering the same questions'.

As a 'mod' I have nothing against people asking questions that have been covered before. Some nice forum member will always come along and direct the newbie to a pre-existing thread without judgment or criticism.

Bringing up a topic that has been covered before in a new thread also presents the opportunity for new ideas to be presented that may not have been covered before.

Put it this way, if you weren't allowed to ask the same questions more than once, there would come a time when the forum would cease to function as every question had already been asked :idea:

Cheers

S15 Daily

Last edited by Ders on Mon Sep 05, 2005 11:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 05, 2005 11:54 pm 

Sly Marbo wrote:
cool. what does a R180 come out of. and what does a H190 come out of?
H190

720 rear diff
S12 Gazelle (aus spec)
S3 TRX Bluebird (and some non trx)
280C (not 100% sure)

R180

720 front diff (center only)
S12 Gazelle (semi imported - IRS)
R30, C210

GTiR rear diff is a R180 long nose center, but a tiny bit of modification is needed to fit the center into a standard housing

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 06, 2005 12:20 am 

TRX910 wrote:
Sly Marbo wrote:
cool. what does a R180 come out of. and what does a H190 come out of?
H190

720 rear diff
S12 Gazelle (aus spec)
S3 TRX Bluebird (and some non trx)
280C (not 100% sure)
mine came from vanette. 4.11 but a15 ones come in 4.6 and higher I believe.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 06, 2005 6:47 am 
Site Admin

Rich, Ders & Sean - as always, you 3 make some excellent points.
I certainly agree I have been 'over moderating' this site the last few months or so. Quite possibly my arrogance has gotten the better of me. Perhaps is time I adopted a new approach.
Either that, or it's time for me to move on...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 06, 2005 9:47 am 

No need to 'move on' Lurch. Remember the shambles this place was a year or so ago? It's come a long way since then with the current moderating team. Just perhaps a half-step back is all thats required. :)

S15 Daily

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 06, 2005 10:45 am 

I jsut reread my post, it hardly makes sense LOL :oops:

I dont think moving on would work lurch, unfortunatly ur stuck MUHAHAHA

i reakon we should just see how it goes, helping newbies out.... afterall dont we want as many people here as possible??

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 06, 2005 11:45 am 

As a reformed forum hothead (those Hotheads Anonymous meetings are really working out! 8) ) may I say the following:

No one would want you to move on Lurch ... you've hosed down some serious shitfights in your time, and I for one think you do a great job. The fact that you are able to take a bit of constructive criticism without getting your hackles up is also a good thing. So, 'Respect', dude.

Eeverbody is now thinking happy thoughts, arent they? :roll:

On the subject of R180's... I think there is one in the classifieds ATM for $150 'firm' (Melb) and one that is already locked for $350 NSW coast, and an R200 for $250. If you wait a while you can prob get an open R180 one a fair bit cheaper and get someone to lock it for you. I paid $40 for one a while back.... that looks like a major bargain tho.

Cheers, Neil.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 06, 2005 11:55 am 

Sly et. al.,

I think it would be much easier if you indicated that you had either searched and had difficulty, or whatever else you have done when you ask the question. Noone is going to hassle you if you simply can't find something.

I understand where Lurch is coming from, we put a lot of time into this site and its a bit of a slap in the face when people won't spent the few minutes to save us the few minutes. That being said, we should be tolerant to people's abilities and situations, if you can't find something, don't be scared to ask, we're not going to bite your head off.

Oh and sean, people thus far have only got official warnings for outright abuse, if you mispost in classifieds we simply ask that you redo it properly is all. I don't think thats aggressive. The classifieds work really well with everyone correctly putting FS or WTD in the topics, once people realise that they have to be there. If the mods just go through and do it for people they don't know they've done something wrong, we're just trying to help and make it easier for everyone in the future is all. :)

Group hug. :hug:

Dave

AUS Project: 1972 1600, 3200km old S15 SR20DET, ground up rebuild. SOLD

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 06, 2005 7:55 pm 

hey ppl. thanks everyone for understanding. yes i wasnt clear that i had searched and not found. but as someone sed being shut down straight up just makes you wanna give up.

back to the subject. which is of the 2 diffs mentioned are stronger. and would they need to be modified to fit a 200b

i will try to keep everyone updated on the progress. but we got the motor coming down in a 2 weeks. then we just gotta find a box + diff. rebuild the motor then slip her in ( not that anythings ever that easy). but we'll see how it goes

cheers
sly

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 06, 2005 8:15 pm 

ill say no more .. but lurch. i wasnt very impressed when you shut me down like i was lower than you. and to have dealt with that sheer arrogance in person im sorry mate but you woulda been droped :):)

and as for the diff?? ive got a h190 gazelle rear end about to be put into my ca18det powered stanza ( that every1 ewould know about if we had members rides sections up and running)

and from wat ive been told the h190 is a very strong diff.. so yeah.. good luck with your choice there mate. butttt if you ever want lsd.. it would cost you about 600 - 800 bucks for a lsd option thats only good for about 160 - 180 hp. and also kaaz dont make them lsd'..

but anyway good luck bro :):)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 06, 2005 9:46 pm 
Site Admin

datostanza wrote:
ill say no more .. but lurch. i wasnt very impressed when you shut me down like i was lower than you. and to have dealt with that sheer arrogance in person im sorry mate but you woulda been droped :):)
Threats of physical violence ARE NOT ACCECPTBLE. I don't even care if you were joking. If you have anything to say to me directly, PM me.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 06, 2005 10:43 pm 

Who wants to hold the peace pipe?