Ozdat Home Feature Cars Ozdat Classifieds Event Calander Links Trade Link Tech Resource Merchandise Donate Web Mail
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 4:38 pm

All times are UTC+11:00

Post subject: A12GX Build up
PostPosted: Mon Sep 12, 2005 5:31 am 

Hi everybody this is my first post and I am proud to say I recently bought a 1971 1200 coupe with 86,000 miles on the clock for $500 . The car is a great commuter and a solid performer considering it will chirp 3rd gear if I try hard enough!
But now I have been looking for some more power! I have found an A1200GX power plant fitted with twin factory hitachi type carbs for sale for $750, so I bought it and will begin work on it next month. I was thinking of a wade cam for peak power between 3000RPM and 7500RPM, a strong set of double valve springs and double row rollmaster timing chain, twin Dellorto DHLA 40's, 2 1/2 inch exhaust system with extractors, some more porting on the exhaust ports and a standard 10.0:1 compresion ratio maybe more if the head or block deck need a shave to clean them up, the bottom end looks fresh and the block has been fitted with new welch plugs. What do you all think of my plan? and how much power would you all think I would end up with? place your bets people the spanners are about to twirl! :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 12, 2005 3:00 pm 

Sounds great! pretty much all the standards for getting more power. I guess the only thing that might yield better power would be to go up to an A14 or A15 - if you can find one.

Otherwise, I'd be pretty happy with what you got! Especially what sounds like a sweet 1200 coupe for a bargain price!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2005 12:25 pm 

Duplicate post @ datsun1200.com here.