Ozdat Home Feature Cars Ozdat Classifieds Event Calander Links Trade Link Tech Resource Merchandise Donate Web Mail
It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 10:42 pm

All times are UTC+11:00

PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2005 3:05 pm 

Iv been looking at turbos latey and i cannot figure out how it is taht they are installed.Is say a T25 turbo all you need?.it seems it needs to be connected to the intake how ever when i look at my A15 for example i cannot figure out or even imagine how it gose in! There seems tobe no connection points left for the turbo to connect to anywhere. Any help with this would be great useing this picture iv been trying to figure this out for some time now. Would be nice to know how it works. Would be awsom if you could save this picture and draw on it useing paint or something to help me better understand this mad concept.

[ img ]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2005 3:24 pm 

its not as simple as just bolting it on.
have a read here this should help
http://auto.howstuffworks.com/turbo.htm

dave

The 1600

Recommended traders: Nissanman, pro240c, 2door510, Datsport, mkyle, Green510, Um_510, jdmdatsun510, Ludachris

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 24, 2005 9:08 pm 

:shock: omg the altanator is bigger than the motor

PostPosted: Sun Sep 25, 2005 12:59 am 
Site Admin

1000man wrote:
Would be awsom if you could save this picture and draw on it useing paint or something to help me better understand this mad concept.
Something like this maybe.

[ img ]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2005 10:12 am 

Welcome 1000man, there are two different ways to install the turbo, depending on your fuel system because you have the Carbs it will be a blow thro system

Greg @ JustSR.Com
NixCars
Pro240c

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2005 10:48 am 

Jbwetzels wrote:
Welcome 1000man, there are two different ways to install the turbo, depending on your fuel system because you have the Carbs it will be a blow thro system
With out sounding rude (and getting another warning) Jbwetzels you are VERY wrong.
I can read your post in a couple of different ways.But here a reply to what i can make of it.

The fuel system would be a low pressure (4-8ish psi) which is only good for draw through.

Also a side draught weber is commonly used in draw through setups, i have never seen one (or 2) used in a blow through setup.

1000man PM me ill help you out.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2005 9:43 am 

Quote:
With out sounding rude (and getting another warning) Jbwetzels you are VERY wrong.
I can read your post in a couple of different ways.But here a reply to what i can make of it.

The fuel system would be a low pressure (4-8ish psi) which is only good for draw through.

Also a side draught weber is commonly used in draw through setups, i have never seen one (or 2) used in a blow through setup.

1000man PM me ill help you out.
:D Whoops you are absoulutley right, that was what i meant to say, my mistake

Greg @ JustSR.Com
NixCars
Pro240c

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2005 10:15 am 

Datto_boy,
I work with a guy who is an Alfa nut. He has a blow thru setup on a mid 70's Gulietta with a T3 blowing through twin 45 Webers. I think alfa did a factory blow thru set up with twin DCOE/DHLA's as well. I will ask the guy when he gets back from holidays.
Jake

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2005 10:52 pm 

turbo510 wrote:
Datto_boy,
I work with a guy who is an Alfa nut. He has a blow thru setup on a mid 70's Gulietta with a T3 blowing through twin 45 Webers. I think alfa did a factory blow thru set up with twin DCOE/DHLA's as well. I will ask the guy when he gets back from holidays.
Jake
Sweet, i know its possible but the dollar factor it way to much for it to be a common thing, theres either a down draught weber or injection. for either a sh*t load less or a little more.
Grab some pics of you can, would be good to look at.

Jbwetzels: i thought so because it sound backwards, i thought you must have them mixed up or something.