Independent Rear Suspension (IRS) conversion to suit a
910 Nissan/Datsun Bluebird Sedan.
It has similar components and will suit DR/MR/R30 Skyline Sedans and coupes.
As it was intended by Nissan Japan! No tacky poor ADM live axle junk tearing out control arms!
It comes mostly complete including:
- R180 differential and shafts. 3.9 Ratio open centre. Painted in 2 pack. Was used behind a CA18DE, silent diff and was never under load.
- Moustache Bar to suit
DR30 290mm Calipers. I had so much drama finding these, I literally searched for months domestic and international. Cost me over $200 for dirty old calipers by the time they arrived at my door. But are critical to a good setup instead of poxy 250mm rotors or drums they come standard with.
- New M20 Bolts/nuts/washers to suit installation.
- New stainless link pin bolts for swaybar.
- New M12 bolts for diff/subframe mounting.
- Tailshaft to suit standard length gearboxes. New unis and painted in 2 pack to last.
- 2" Exhaust system to suit Bluebird. Straight through mufflers however has only seen approx. 1500km use before I went R200/FJ20 turbo.
- Assorted handbrake cables to complete the handbrake setup.
What it needs to complete:
- Companion flanges for the Swingarms/diff. Common part, nothing unusual. 3x2 bolt pattern.
- Z31 4 stud 300ZX 290mm rotors - I can supply 5 stud rotors if you wish to redrill to suit. Or can organise to have them redrilled for you.
- Assorted bushes as part of installation. Have got all the part numbers you need.
- Brake pads as part of overhaul.
- Standard fabrication skills to fit.
The best part about this conversion is you retain a lot of the factory equipment and realistically there isn't a major amount of modification to fit. I have a write-up on the AussieBluebird forum -> Members Garage - > Blueh #2 -> page 14 onwards on how I overhauled and installed my setup. It drags on a bit and my overhaul was more extensive than it needed to be however it's as comprehensive as I could have made it. http://aussiebluebirds.com/index.php?topic=3419.195
You retain the factory rear shocks, they bolt up. The factory brake master cylinder remains unchanged. Most of the holes are already pre-drilled into the shell so there is little issue in aligning the subframe. The moustache bar has been fabricated to suit. Brakes are a bolt on. Exhaust was made specifically to suit. All the hard work has been done!
I have done a conversion myself and I am so happy with it. It is genuinely the best thing you can do to upgrade the handling of the Bluebird shell and relieve the shell of the passenger trailing-arm issue! The cars balance is so much better and handles bumps superbly. Less unsprung weight and better front/rear weight balance.
I spent over 5K doing my IRS installation because I had to source parts separately, all the parts you need are here, anything else is replaced with new items (ie Rotors and pads) as part of the swap.
If you have any questions feel free to send me a message. Can handle any phone enquiries you may have. I am more than happy to help prospective buyers with the conversion as well as supply them with as much information on the installation as possible. As I stated earlier it's very easy and the best bang-for-buck handling modification you can do to a 910 shell.
Reason for sale is that I literally have to many spare parts sitting around and I need to move onto other projects. I would rather see more Bluebirds with IRS getting around as they're just so damn cool.
Pickup preferred, can help with delivery where reasonable. Can freight at buyers expense with a standard pallet.
Central Coast, NSW. 1 Hour North of Sydney.
PM or reply here, will pass on number.
910 S3 Bluebird - FJ20ET, E85, IRS, 5 Speed, 4.4 LSD
910 S3 TRX - RB25DET, Coilovers, S13 Front end, Power Steering
RA23 Celica - 18RG, Twin 40mm Webers, Coilovers, rolling on SSR mesh 15x7 0s.
1600s arent the only datsun