Ozdat Home Feature Cars Ozdat Classifieds Event Calander Links Trade Link Tech Resource Merchandise Donate Web Mail
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 8:02 am

All times are UTC+11:00

PostPosted: Wed Jan 19, 2011 12:12 am 

Problem i am having is someone in the past has done up the nuts on either side really tight. the looser of the two nuts has come loose and now i have a LCA with the bolt stuck through it and when i try to undo the nut to remove the bolt the bolt just spins in the LCA bush. i can put a bolt back on the otherside but that loosens rather then tightens when the shaft spins so thats usless. Ive also tried making a kind of locknut on the otherside but that didnt work either.

Has anyone else had similar problems? or any ideas?

[ img ]

180b Wagon daily
http://ozdat.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f= ... 9&start=30

PostPosted: Wed Jan 19, 2011 10:10 am 

Throw it in a vice and use a rattle gun, if you don't have either of those take it to your local mechanic who should have it undone in 2 seconds and charge you nothing.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 19, 2011 1:09 pm 

do you mean place the other end of the bolt in the vice so it dosent spin? i tried getting vice grips on there real tight and using a long torque extension to get it undone though it just ruined the bolt. i then welded a nut on the other end and managed to get a **** load of torque through it but in the end the weld cracked. I then tried heating it up to read hot with the tig see if expanding it would make it easier though that kind of rounded it so i couldnt get the socket over it...... then i just ground the **** off with the grinder :lol: not my finest moment however next time ill try the vice and rattle gun, i have a vice just not a rattle gun, ill probably just get one of Egay

180b Wagon daily
http://ozdat.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f= ... 9&start=30