Ozdat Home Feature Cars Ozdat Classifieds Event Calander Links Trade Link Tech Resource Merchandise Donate Web Mail
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 9:20 pm

All times are UTC+11:00

PostPosted: Sat Mar 19, 2011 9:42 pm 

OK.... I know this has been done to death. I have searched Datsun1200 and Ozdat PLUS the net.
So much information to sift through and I am still confused.
All I can find is talk about using " stanza " stuff.

Now I have got 200B struts because I could not find 120Y or 180B struts if my bloody life depended on it. I have changed the lower spring perches to 1200 ones. Fitted 200B strut to 1200 ute.

Bits I have:

200B steering arms, lower control arms and castor rods.
1200 steering arms, lower control arms and castor rods.

Now to my bloody problem and HUGE confusion....

1. Which steering/control arm do I use?
If I use the 1200 ones I have to drill the steering arm bolts to about 12.5mm to fit the bolts of the 200B strut.

2. If I use the 200B steering/control arms I have to replace the inner control arm bush so the inner bore is smaller. Or drill out body for larger bolt.

3. The centre bore of the 200B control arm bush is larger than the hole in the body. So if I use 1200 bolt it will flop around in the bush.

4. Will always use 1200 castor rod.

So....... AAAAAARGH HELP!!!!!!!

What the hell do I do ? ?

:shock:

PostPosted: Sun Mar 20, 2011 5:34 pm 

buddy im in the same boat with my mightyboy i cannot find anything except bushes for the rear end and i need front end gear, id suggest useing the 1200 stuff be alot easier and at least if anything happens you can go back to old stuff.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2011 4:57 pm 

To fit the 200B struts to the 1200 ( I assume) you need either Sunny or any model A10 Stanza lower control arms, castor rods & balljoints, the 200B steering arms, 180B outer tie rod ends & the 1200 tie rod & tie rod end. The Sunny/Stanza ball joint has the same diameter hole as the 200B steering arm, but needs a spacer under the nut or the nut will bottom out without tightening properly. The 180B tie rod end has the same taper as the 200B steering arm & the same thread size as the 1200 tie rod. The added advantage of the 200B steering arm is that the hole the ball joint goes through is offset outwards. This increases the track & gives more negative camber, or just takes some of the positive castor away. I've used this combination in about 4 Datsun Sunny's, & 2 1200's.