Ozdat Home Feature Cars Ozdat Classifieds Event Calander Links Trade Link Tech Resource Merchandise Donate Web Mail
It is currently Thu Apr 25, 2024 5:54 pm

All times are UTC+11:00

PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2011 7:50 pm 

Tyrie wrote:
chris1818 wrote:
Id love to see a pic of the car with the 8's on it :thumbsup:
I put some 15x8 +0 Superlites with 195/50R15s on mine a few days ago, rear end was fine, but front hung out of the guards about an inch. Pity, because they looked awesome!
Flare your guards!

i am :)

PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2011 9:15 am 

A couple of observations, starting at the back. That Datsport rear end looks good as far as it goes but what is really needed is the suspension swing arc to be reduced, just like BMW did to reduce camber change on their race cars that used a semi trailing arm rear suspension. Then, as already has been mentioned, is the locked diff which will resist turn in. It's up to you if you want to compramise but there is no getting around the fact that compramise reduces performance.

There is not much info on the dampers here but all I can say is I have never regretted spending sensible money on suspension, the MCA stuff on my Z car is brilliant. So I would go to a top line suspension place which is Datsun friendly and ask their advice about using brand name double adjustable dampers for a start. As a general proposition I would start with the proposition that it's best to run heavy springs which means a relatively light front ARB and no rear ARB. But to do that requires good dampers that can control the higher energy heavy springs, not cheap arse rubbish from China.

As I said before, compramise reduces performance, there is no point in ignoring that if you are serious.