Ozdat Home Feature Cars Ozdat Classifieds Event Calander Links Trade Link Tech Resource Merchandise Donate Web Mail
It is currently Thu Apr 25, 2024 7:48 pm

All times are UTC+11:00

PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2011 1:53 pm 

Looking to buy some adjustable camber plates for the 1600 and are weighing up the options.
From what I have seen and read, the Datsport jobbies look to be the best to me, but I'm not sure if the budget will stretch that far yet. If not, I'm looking at T3 and Ground Control. Either way, I'd make sure I get the top spring perch complete with a thrust bearing installed.
Looking for feedback from anyone that has any of these plates, or has reliable feedback about them.

Cheers.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2011 2:56 pm 

The only thing I don't like about my T3 camber tops is that they have a nut & bolt system to fix them into the car, instead of studs & nuts like normal top hats. All that means is that you have to bolt the camber tops in to the car first, then bolt the top of the shock into the bearing, instead of being able to put it in as one unit. Hope that made sense. Apart from that I've never had an issue, great for the money. If I had the coin I'd go Datsport, saw a pair in the flesh the other week and they're really nice.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2011 9:45 pm 

Anth510 wrote:
The only thing I don't like about my T3 camber tops is that they have a nut & bolt system to fix them into the car, instead of studs & nuts like normal top hats. All that means is that you have to bolt the camber tops in to the car first, then bolt the top of the shock into the bearing, instead of being able to put it in as one unit. Hope that made sense. Apart from that I've never had an issue, great for the money. If I had the coin I'd go Datsport, saw a pair in the flesh the other week and they're really nice.
Hi Anth,
Thanks for the feedback. I understand what you're saying about the nut and bolt set up, but aren't sure why it changes the way you install it.
Can't you feed the bolts in from behind first, then attach the camber plate to the strut assembly before installing the whole lot as one unit? Effectively making them the same as a stud set up, even though the bolts aren't actually stuck in place? Does that make sense?

PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2011 11:11 am 

If you feed the bolts into the camber top without securing them with a nut, they'll fall out. If you do secure them with the nuts, then they won't go through the holes in the tower.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2011 5:04 pm 

Anth, surely you could just take the studs out of some standard strut tops and tap/fit them into the camber tops?
I had to do this when the tops i had had smaller studs to suit a 1200.

I just took the studs out of my standard strut tops, drilled out the new tops and tightened the nut right up to pull them through the new top... If you get my drift?

Would save all the fuckin around getting a rattle gun onto your shock nut...