Ozdat Home Feature Cars Ozdat Classifieds Event Calander Links Trade Link Tech Resource Merchandise Donate Web Mail
It is currently Wed Apr 24, 2024 5:01 pm

All times are UTC+11:00

PostPosted: Sat Sep 03, 2011 6:56 am 

Just had the car on a periodic vehicle test and it failed because of this little rubber piece that's missing on one side.
It's number 7 on this pic
[ img ]

The thing is this can't be bought anymore, so basically i'm screwed if I can't find something or make something to replace it with. Anyone have a suggestion as to what might fit?
Can I machine some new ones out of aluminium or some plastic or something? What about making a circular mold and filling it with some silicone sealant or similar?
Any help would be greatly appreciated!?

PostPosted: Sat Sep 03, 2011 7:41 am 

That is the subframe mount I just got a set for my Dr30, Whiteline make two different sizes 65mm and 75mm I think. I would be sup prised if the one you need isn't one of these.

Steve

PostPosted: Sat Sep 03, 2011 8:12 am 

http://whiteline.com.au/product_detail4 ... ber=W92526 this one?

Its not the mount itself thats bad, its the little rubber "doughnut" that sits between the subframe and the chassi. I guess the whiteline kit eliminates this right?

One other thing I know is that the 910 and the 280ZX (s130) shares the same part number for the crossmember mount. And if i'm not badly mistaken ZX guys use prothane bushings for the Z31?? Wich would make them fit my 910 too....

PostPosted: Sat Sep 03, 2011 4:20 pm 
Donating Member
Donating Member

Would it be wrong of me to suggest cutting the other rubber off and plead ignorance to a different inspector?
How would they know its meant to have one if they are both gone? Only a datto guru would pick it and they do bugger all anyway...

PostPosted: Sun Sep 04, 2011 6:23 am 

nick wrote:
Would it be wrong of me to suggest cutting the other rubber off and plead ignorance to a different inspector?
How would they know its meant to have one if they are both gone? Only a datto guru would pick it and they do bugger all anyway...
Nope, i've actually thought about it myself...

PostPosted: Tue Sep 06, 2011 8:52 am 

Today I got a call from the local Nissan dealer and they had actually gone the extra mile and found something that would fit! Excellent.

So no I must fit them...
But does anyone know if I can drop the crossmember without dropping everything else?(controlarms, suspension etc)

PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2011 5:13 am 

Turned out nissan doesn't make them after all, so no luck there.
But it was solved today as a friend of mine made me a couple out of nylon. So now I should be able to get it through the periodic vehicle control :)

[ img ]
[ img ]
[ img ]

PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2011 10:26 pm 

nice :D sorta looks like urethane too!

PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2011 7:25 am 

Nice work but I purchased the complete set from whiteline a month ago and they list the top piece separately