Ozdat Home Feature Cars Ozdat Classifieds Event Calander Links Trade Link Tech Resource Merchandise Donate Web Mail
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:59 pm

All times are UTC+11:00

Post subject: Rear Lower Arm
PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2012 7:03 pm 

Does any know if the rear lower arm from MR30 will fit a 510 1600?? :? :?

Post subject: Re: Rear Lower Arm
PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2012 7:28 pm 
Old Digger

Yes it will however the rear track width will increase. To get around this you could removed and re weld on the mounting tabs. LAG510 runs MR30 arms on his 1600. He spent a bit of time getting it right. Why do you want to run those arms?

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2012 8:04 pm 

Are you wanting to go to coil over shocker springs? The MR30 arms dont have spring seats to fit the 1600 springs. This swap is not a "bolt on" change, even though the trailing arms do bolt on to the 1600 "K" member. If you are looking for the disc braked rear arms, I think the R31 Skyline/Pintara swap onto the 1600 trailing arms is an easier option.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2012 8:18 pm 

I want to fit an (ex Subaru) r180 vlsd so figure if i use the outer MR30 CV companion flange and CV joint from the MR30 lower control arm i can then fit the R31 rear disc assembly. Rather than use my current 1600 lower arm i thought maybe i can fit the MR30 straight in. If it is not cmpatible i will just remove what i have ,replace the bushes and bearings and change over to the MR30 companion flange to fit the CV.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2012 9:05 pm 
Old Digger

Read here and save your self all the hassle http://ozdat.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=29&t=23418

As Richard said coil over will be a must with MR30 arms. Aus R31's have a live rear end. You'd need to fine a DR31 (JDM) which has IRS (hard to find).

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2012 8:37 pm 

Thanks guys for your info.

Digger - thanks for the link which i have researched in the past but that mod does not suit the VLSD nor does it use CVs
Richard & Mydato - I do have MR30 rear lower from IRS which was in the last models which are the same as the DR30, DR31 & 280ZX.
All that is required is use the Companion flange from the MR,DR 30 31 whatever and have it resplined to fit into the Subi CV stub axles (this is the clip in design) so i am told.
Looking at the rear lower arms from the 1600 and the others they look the same but maybe it is a different story when measurements and bushes are compared, at this stage I dont know.
I thought there may be someone out there who has done this mod before which should be less expensive than alternatives and use CVs instead of universals. From a performance point of view the CVs are superior.

Thanks again guys for you feedback. :cheers :cheers