Ozdat Home Feature Cars Ozdat Classifieds Event Calander Links Trade Link Tech Resource Merchandise Donate Web Mail
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 4:14 am

All times are UTC+11:00

Post subject: 120y Front Brake Help
PostPosted: Tue Aug 27, 2013 2:56 pm 

Hi Everyone,

Hopefully someone can help out...I've got a 120y and the front brake pads on the left side are rattling around. Gets very annoying as you can imagine!
Does someone have a photo of the stock caliper with the pads sitting in there so I can see the clips etc? That way I can see what exactly I'm missing.

Cheers!

PostPosted: Tue Sep 03, 2013 11:50 am 

With the wheel off you should see a round hole at the top and bottom of both pads there is meant to be two pins that go from the inner to outer pad top and bottom and they have a small hole drilled in them to install a locking pin and that should hold it all together and stop your rattleing. I've try to send you pic but am new to this site let me know if it came through ok unfortunately my 120y is missing the same pins in the image. But I do know 80 modle pulsars used a similer setup on there brakes just not sure if the length or diameter is the same maybe you could find a set of anti rattle pins at a wreakers just make sure the pins are the diameter is the same as the holes in the pads measuerd mine and diamiter of the hole is 6mm and the outside from inner to outer pad was 35.85. keep in mind this mesurment is taken on new pads so that should give you an idea on the length pin you need hope this helps good luck.

Attachments:
[ attachment ]
image.jpg [ 950.25 KiB | Viewed 3741 times ]
[ attachment ]
image.jpg [ 1.11 MiB | Viewed 3741 times ]

PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2013 5:32 pm 

Cheers mate, yeah looks like mine. The rattling is getting irritating but atleast I know what it is....

I went and ordered this:

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/261230258816 ... 1439.l2649

I'll see how I go and let you know if it fits alright and solves the problem, then it'll be a fix for you also!

PostPosted: Tue Sep 24, 2013 8:26 pm 

How'd you go with those brake pins mate you winning?

PostPosted: Fri Jan 03, 2014 10:48 am 

The brakes in question are for PBR style calipers, not the Japanese style. The anti-rattle pins are strange wire clips that sit over the ends of the pads with a little 'arm' that goes through the hole, They should have come with the pads, but they dont always supply them. The same calipers & pads are used on 1978-80 GE Sigmas. Maybe a trip to a Nissan dealer or somebody like Bursons could get you some,