Ozdat Home Feature Cars Ozdat Classifieds Event Calander Links Trade Link Tech Resource Merchandise Donate Web Mail
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 3:47 pm

All times are UTC+11:00

PostPosted: Sat Aug 23, 2014 10:52 am 

Looking to get the car on the road as mostly stock for weekend cruising

Needing to refurbish master cylinder and brakes, before I send off the standard ones, what out of some of my parts/wrecked cars might be better upgrades that are a easy fit.

Parts cars
260z 2+2
Stanza

I am guessing that the stanza might work as the 13" rims come off that car. Is there much modding to fit it?

On the 240k/260z would the 13" rims bolt on?

PostPosted: Sun Aug 24, 2014 2:43 pm 
Guru

These are stanza struts with 75mm cut off.
http://www.datsport.com/strut-dsk245B.html

"R.I.P. Baz. 29 April 2022. Thank you for all your contributions to the Datsun community over the years. You will be missed." - OZDAT

PostPosted: Sun Aug 24, 2014 4:32 pm 
Donating Member
Donating Member

Gruntles, most people change the whole strut out as you get a break upgrade and can also pick a shorter strut which is beneficial when lowering your car etc.

The 240k would have the biggest brakes but there are two types of 240k brakes so depends on what you have and if you want to lower your car etc as what strut and brake combo would suit you the best.

The 240K with the 253mm diameter rotor and twin piston sumitomo calipers can fit some 13" mags.
It does depend on the width and offset of the rim though as they are all made differently and some will clash with the caliper.

Have you seen this thread?
http://www.ozdat.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=4361

PostPosted: Sun Feb 08, 2015 8:04 pm 

I'm in the same position. Doing up a 68 1600. Getting new brakes, i have put 240k struts on it and am looking for which rotors and callipers. i have contacted Stewart Wilkins regarding the master cylinder and brake booster, he can make sure you get the right fit for what you want. Will let you know what i come up with.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 08, 2015 9:24 pm 

gruntles wrote:
Looking to get the car on the road as mostly stock for weekend cruising

Needing to refurbish master cylinder and brakes, before I send off the standard ones, what out of some of my parts/wrecked cars might be better upgrades that are a easy fit.

Parts cars
260z 2+2
Stanza

I am guessing that the stanza might work as the 13" rims come off that car. Is there much modding to fit it?

On the 240k/260z would the 13" rims bolt on?
i had fitted blank mitsubishi verada discs drilled to suit datsun 4 stud, and vt commodore twin spot calipers.

mark k