Ozdat Home Feature Cars Ozdat Classifieds Event Calander Links Trade Link Tech Resource Merchandise Donate Web Mail
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 1:33 am

All times are UTC+11:00

PostPosted: Wed Oct 14, 2009 1:20 pm 

datsunboy wrote:
wow....ripped off hard out!!!
other prices arent too bad.....but you got ripped hard on the sequential unit.
think theres a sequential unit on there at the moment for around the $50-60 mark.

Tokyo-2u may be good.....but you can use a service called rinkya, which is much cheaper than buying from him....I've bought all my stuff myself thru rinkya (lets you put in the URL, and auto bid by yourself)
did you also know that the indicator stalk switch is different for the coupe tail lights???

I dont like the look of the coupe lights on sedans anyway.
cheers,
I have realised that i did pay a little bit much,was only new to ebay and jumped when i first saw sss stuff forsale thinking I was lucky to come across it.but realised now if i had waited most things i could of got for half the price :oops:
One of my rear badges has cost $180 and thats a second hand badge,havent seen another one yet :roll:
Im happy paying the 200 for the flasher unit as its a older style metal case versions,looks more oldschool.

So to run the sequential lights i have to get one of those coupe indicator stalks?

GET THAT DATSUN DIFFERENCE!

PostPosted: Wed Oct 14, 2009 10:03 pm 

older metal casing ones?
any chance you can post a pic of it?....I only know of 2 designs of sequential flasher units used in factory 510's.....the older setup, which had 2 plastic relay type boxes, and the later one, which was reduced to 1 plastic relay box about the same size.

Yes.....
the coupe indicator stalk (or at least the switch on it......the stalk is the same unless you get a later year one with the "pass/flash high beam" button on it), has a different switch than the sedans, that stops the brake lights from working on whatever side you are indicating on whilst indicating.

otherwise......if you use a sedan indicator switch, and coupe lights.....as you come up to a corner, you will indicate......but then when you brake, you wont see the indicator anymore, as the brake lights light up all bulbs, and they're the brighter filament of the bulb.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 14, 2009 10:10 pm 

heres a link, that will search Yahoo japan Auctions for "Bluebird 510"
You dont have to know a single letter of Japanese to check it out, everything has a picture.....find what you want to buy, then copy and paste the URL into your account at "rinkya.com" which is an english website run in USA, and you can buy directly from Japan auctions yourself.

http://search.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/s ... 0jp&acc=jp

PostPosted: Thu Oct 15, 2009 9:11 am 

cheers datsunboy :thumbsup:

GET THAT DATSUN DIFFERENCE!

PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2016 11:57 pm 

Hello gents,

I've got a JDM Coupe, an early one that was originally an SSS spec with an L16, not sure if it came with the sequential flashers as standard, the car was converted in Japan as a race car and has a custom wiring harness. I do however have a sequential flasher kit for it that needs wiring in. It's the one with the 2 boxes.
Does anyone have a wiring diagram for this?
I know this is an old thread, but I can't find any information on this online so hopefully someone can assist. Ideally a picture showing what goes where into the flasher, I might be able to figure the rest out.

My flasher

[ img ]

My wiring:

[ img ]

[ img ]

Thanks.