Ozdat Home Feature Cars Ozdat Classifieds Event Calander Links Trade Link Tech Resource Merchandise Donate Web Mail
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 6:22 pm

All times are UTC+11:00

PostPosted: Sat Apr 11, 2015 4:39 pm 

Seek info on voltage regulator for Datsun 180B SSS, 180B GL, 180B, i.e. all 610 models of 1970s.
Workshop manual by Nissan Motor Co Ltd states alternator LT150-5 matched with external regulator model TL1Z-58. Includes internal diagram of regulator and external wiring circuit. Excludes wiring colour diagram or connection order to pins. Can anyone provide these diagrams?
A Nissan dealer says the original part number 23133-P0100 (or close because hard to read small font).
Parts distributors do not recognise Datsun numbers.
Several cooked batteries and think replacement regulator is the wrong one.
Does anyone have a working Datsun 180B with an 1800 engine (not 2000 upgrade)? If so, can you provide the label number on your regulator? Or other helpful info.
Thanks.

UPDATE: Good news that clever friend worked out the prob. Seems likely that mechanic1 who reconditioned car left a loose wire, rather than attaching to alternator. So mechanic1 decided erroneously that regulator faulty and replaced, and did not check that voltage too high to replacement regulator. Mechanic2 cooked battery when charging, without realising high voltage to the regulator. Then mechanic3 / auto electrician did work without noticing loose wire and high voltage. Three cooked batteries in 2,000 miles. Classic car on historic rego not driven far each year, especially when puzzling fault. Relief that fault diagnosed.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2015 1:59 am 
Donating Member
Donating Member

Wow, sounds like a saga. Glad you got it fixed though and thanks for the update as it may help someone in the future...

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2015 7:05 am 

I just got one recently brand new era model number AVR-811-AS. Bloody expensive was lucky as I was in my overalls the sales man made a trade account for me a charged me trade. I don't work in an industry that will ever shop with them lol

PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2015 10:52 pm 

Once the alternator wire was attached, the regulator replaced some time ago worked fine. Part label VR120050-1 and box label RGX2067 made from 2005 to current by New Era in Japan. However, warned that recent warranty issues, and recommended a regulator by Victory Industries of 'New China', although would require changing pin locations on the plug. Both regulators sold for $71.50.

Now the expensive job, trying to fix the engine bay paint extensively damaged by a fuming battery. Any spray-painter recommendations in Adelaide?