Ozdat Home Feature Cars Ozdat Classifieds Event Calander Links Trade Link Tech Resource Merchandise Donate Web Mail
It is currently Sat Apr 20, 2024 5:17 am

All times are UTC+11:00

PostPosted: Mon Mar 15, 2010 2:08 pm 

Hey all, hoping some people in the ACT might be able to help me with some stuff.

I've currently ripped the motor out of my r32 skyline and while under there have noticed that the power steering rack is leaking. It all works fine, but while the engine is out it would be nice to fix the leak (will take 5 mins to remove rack at this opportunity, probably impossible with engine in car).

So far I have a quote of $550 to completely rebuild the rack (straightline steering) based on me removing the rack and dropping it in to them, anyone know anywhere that might do a better price?

Also, the alternator and, in particular the starter motor, are in a pig of a location with the engine in. I thought i might get them both reconditioned since they are sitting on a bench (I have no doubt they are the original parts that came with the car).

Does anyone know anywhere in the ACT that will reco a starter motor and alternator?