Ozdat Home Feature Cars Ozdat Classifieds Event Calander Links Trade Link Tech Resource Merchandise Donate Web Mail
It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 3:28 pm

All times are UTC+11:00

PostPosted: Wed May 11, 2011 12:34 pm 

Get those dattos out of the garage and come do skids cheaply and legally :D

PM me for entry forms and sup regs

PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2011 1:43 pm 

Quote:
Dear Competitors

I am sending this email to you because you have either competed in, or shown an interest in, competing in our past MG Car Club of Canberra Multi-club Motorkhana Events.

Our second Motorkhana for 2011 will be held at the usual venue - the Vehicle Manoeuvring Area of the Sutton Road Transport Industries Skills Centre - on Sunday, 12 June.

Entry remains at a cheap $30 (Senior) and $15 (Junior) with a reduced rate for MGCC Canberra competitors driving an MG. I have attached the Supplementary Regulations (SR) and the Entry Form for next month's event. Please take time to read through the attachments - it is important that you be aware of the scheduled times for scrutineering and the drivers' briefing as set out in the SRs - failure to present on time may result in your place being given to someone else.

To be eligible to compete, you will need to be a member of a CAMS affiliated car club and have a current CAMS licence - evidence of both will need to be produced to officials at the time of registration. If you need to take out club membership or obtain a CAMS licence, please let me know before the event as I can provide further assistance (although this can be attended to on the day, we prefer that you make arrangements well in advance of the event).

Interest in our Motorkhana events is generally very strong and places are limited. To avoid disappointment, please email your completed entry form to me as early as possible. I suggest you complete the form on screen, save it with a new name that contains your name (this makes it easier fro me to process) and then email it back. Entries are accepted on a "first in, first served" basis. And please let me know if you are no longer able to compete once you submit the Entry Form, as there are usually others keen to come along to whom we could offer your place.

Please note also that an entry will only be accepted on the day if there are vacancies available up to the maximum limit prescribed in the CAMS Permit.

May I also remind you of the current policy ruling made by the Sutton Road facility that requires vehicles entered at all events held at Sutton Road to be road-registered. This applies to our Club's Motorkhana events and is also covered in the SR.

Look forward to seeing you on the day and I hope the weather is kind to us!

Best regards,

Kent

Kent Brown

Sporting Secretary

MG Car Club of Canberra

Ph: 02 6255 4943

Mob: 0412 558 029

E-mail: kjpbrown@bigpond.com

PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2011 8:44 pm 

I've got the supp regs etc and the 200B will still be in rego by a couple of days so barring any misfortune I'm in.

Also trying to convince my mate to bring his Supercharged 8L Stroker V8 C3 Corvette out for a hit.....

Mmmmm stupid amounts of power!!!

PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2011 5:18 pm 

make sure it's adequately muffled, or else he may get booted after the first run. They have pretty strict noise requirements there.

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2011 12:13 am 

Not booted. just told to shut it up(coke cans with holes and hoseclamps :D) or dont run again

180b- Clean, starting the build. less power than my lawn mower!

PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2011 2:08 pm 

Lol, its got those Californian Style Side Pipes, I haven't heard it on full noise, but likely to be quite LOUD!!

I dont think he has really wrung its neck either.

With around 500+hp/1000nm atw in a 1200kg shell...

Well lets just say that opening it up on the road isn't really an option.

It looks like this but with a custom bonnet to fit the supercharger.

[ img ]

PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2011 3:41 pm 

Not gonna make it unfortunately, gotta go to Bathurst for my Mums b'day

Good luck to those who attend.