Quick update. I got this thing running and up the the driveway for it's maiden voyage.
Tightened the hose clamps on the fuel pump, blew the fuel in the line through manually to get the fuel bowl filled in the carby which gave it enough fuel to get up my steep driveway and onto the road.
The brakes work! Which was good news, otherwise I would have been in someones front yard.
This is the list i need to basically be able to drive this thing (rego excluded);
- Fuel tank back in the car. Pulled it out, painted it, inspected it (surprisingly not that bad for a circa 53 yo car).
- Get a fuel filter element for the glass filter. After doing some research, a nice bloke named Paul gave me the nissan part code for the element & supporting spring -> 16404-68225
- Get my radiator re-cored or at least checked out. The overflow fitting is missing so it just sends water out the side when the car warms up. That and/or my cap is wrong. It's in a pretty sad state so hopefully can be repaired.
- Couple of rust repairs, There is a decent sized hole in the floor under the drivers pedal, so I'll get some sheet metal and mig it in.
- Get some wheels sorted for the front of the car, currently have temporary 14 inch R31 skyline wheels on there. Want to sort out a 13inch steel solution.
Have a video of it but photobucket wasn't playing ball.