Ozdat Home Feature Cars Ozdat Classifieds Event Calander Links Trade Link Tech Resource Merchandise Donate Web Mail
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 6:57 pm

All times are UTC+11:00

PostPosted: Tue Mar 02, 2010 10:57 am 

Yup, I'm a monumentally lazy person as well haha, close the bonnet, can't see it, then I'm happy haha :P.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 08, 2010 10:59 pm 

Like it!

PostPosted: Fri Mar 26, 2010 9:18 am 

On the 200B i've taken out the alternator and i'm busy putting in a new reg, the old one was letting it just pump out whatever volts it liked! 17V, no worries haha.

But it's slow progress because i've been busy playing with my other Datsun...
Going to lower it a bit more but what I've done is:
Restore the wheels, new tyres and fit (SSR Formula Mesh, 15x9 -2, 15x8.5 -26), Origin boot spoiler, Vanquish roof spoiler and repair and repaint the OEM front lip. I did the repairs and undercoat myself, dad did the colour and clear coats for me on the body parts when he had spare time, i did the colour on the wheels, Hamilton Chrome did the polishing on the barrels (and took their sweet time!). Assembled the wheels with new nuts and bolts earlier in the week, lowered the car 30mm and fitted everything up yesterday and day before :).
[ img ]
[ img ]
[ img ]
[ img ]
[ img ]

PostPosted: Fri Mar 26, 2010 10:44 am 

Love the S13, i love what you have done with the body work, flared and a standard option style kit, and love the boot and roof spoilers too, nothing over the top, but when all added together completely changes the stock appearance of the Silvia

you could quite easily lower it further, but practicality loses out then

PostPosted: Fri Mar 26, 2010 11:05 am 

Yeah I'm going to tweak the height a bit and see how i go, it's only a 10 minute job to raise or lower an end so i can afford to play with it a bit.

I'm just glad i'm getting it to look how i want, i've had these 15s for nearly 2 years now and only got them on yesterday, same for the boot and roof spoilers.

I've got a whole roll of Bride material at home and 4 spare door linings and 2 spare glove boxes i'm going to get covered, and i've got a Bride Xax for the passenger side so once i get all that stuff in i'll be REALLY happy then :).

PostPosted: Sat Mar 27, 2010 12:15 am 

I have been in a s13 lowerd with tuff low profile wheels and suspension it skipped on braking so i take it your not gonna lower it too much or harden the ride to much ey?

PostPosted: Sun Mar 28, 2010 2:45 pm 

That comes down to the setup and spring rate, and also road quality, it's got a lot of variables, and also comes down to the driver not knowing his car, so your comment is a vague one, but makes sense

however the S13 base is a tried and tested car, with a lot of correct ways to get it setup whilst still sitting low (NIGEL's S13 is a great example)

PostPosted: Sun Mar 28, 2010 8:38 pm 

yeah well i had no idea of what suspension it was running but i didnt like the setup that one had!

PostPosted: Mon Mar 29, 2010 9:24 am 

I've had a few different spring rates in S13s, the dampers make a big difference. The HSDs i have in this car (HSD HRs) are quite harsh in the damping compared to the CST Zero 1s I had in my 180sx in Japan.
I've run 10/8kg, 8/6kg and 7/5kg in various S13s and I prefer the softer setups (I've got 7/5kg in this Silvia). If I wasn't lazy I'd put 6/4kg in this car, or swap to say Tein Flex (which runs a softer rate factory and is valved to suit) but 7/5kg is fine so I'm just leaving it for now.
You're right though, ultra stiff makes the car skip ALOT, this car will skip around on very bumpy roads but it's rare that I drive on anything that awfull, it's fine on mildly bumpy average Aussie roads though.

PostPosted: Mon May 10, 2010 1:25 pm 

Time to do some more work on the 200B soon.
It's been good and solid for a while now....so it's time to change things!
Lol!

I bought a 200B sx dash, going to swap it in so i have a tacho and also because my trip meter sometimes sticks on the 9s and i have to reset it to make it move again and because my fuel gauge sometimes doesn't come on when I turn the car on.

At the same time I'll probably install my electronic dizzy and coil which has been sitting next to my computer for a while now!

PostPosted: Fri May 14, 2010 12:28 am 

hey just a lil q' with the 200b radio unit. can all that be taken out to install a Jvc CD headset in it. well the real question is. will there be enough room behind the dash to fit it ( the player is bout 20cm deep 5cm high and 18 wide)

Cheers Tyi

PostPosted: Fri May 14, 2010 12:40 pm 

You often see people hack a hole in the dash and fit a modern headunit so i'd imagine it'd fit.

PostPosted: Fri May 14, 2010 4:26 pm 

nebuchernezzer wrote:
You often see people hack a hole in the dash and fit a modern headunit so I'd imagine it'd fit.
But don't do that. It looks horrbile

[ img ]
BM510 wrote:
I'm a driver.

PostPosted: Fri May 14, 2010 5:10 pm 

No, it goes without saying don't do that!
My plan (which i'm doing nothing on right now lol) is to just hook up the OEM FM headunit and if i want more music attach an i-pod or similar adaptor to the aerial line. It won't be state of the art but meh i'm no audiophile.
If you want to have good audio hide the headunit in the glovebox.

PostPosted: Fri May 14, 2010 5:29 pm 

I reckon the best way of doing it is getting an amp that has RCA jacks that plug straight into an MP3 player. That way you don't even need a head unit, and you can spend more cash on decent speakers.

[ img ]
BM510 wrote:
I'm a driver.